Sunday, March 31, 2013

Review: The Body Shop Cranberry Joy Home Fragrance Oil

This fragrance oil was part of the Christmas Collection I believe, from last year, and I also believe that it's something that they kind of release every Christmas? Well, I hope so anyway.

Yes, my fingers are dry as hell.
I bought mine while I was on holiday in KK last year, it retailed at RM18.90. I don't remember how much it was in Brunei. I recently bought another bottle because I loved it very much, while in KL...but I never realized how much they marked it up until I actually saw the price on my old bottle!

It was priced at RM25!

Sure, it's limited edition but they had so many in stock!
Maybe it's because it's in West Malaysia?

Maybe the price has always been like that but wow, the difference is surprising!

If I'm not mistaken, even Brunei is still selling them at a more affordable price (I might be wrong though, I should check next time I go out), sadly they don't have Cranberry Joy in-stock anymore, sadly.

But if I'm not mistaken they still have the vanilla and the ginger one.
I should buy the ginger one as I actually liked the scent too.

Anyway, on to the review~

This fragrance oil contains 10ml of product, it's in their signature bottles with the safety cap, except much more posh, I must say. I liked how the cap has a golden-ish glittery look to it, with the wordings in gold against the dominant red. It's posh, I say.

Here's a nicer photo from the official TBS site.


It is made with the Community Fair Trade Soya Oil, in the UK.

I looked around on the sites and I don't think they're selling it anymore, so if you do come across it, lucky you!

From their site, they just say: Fresh Berry Aroma

Fresh berries?
So, uh, is it just Cranberry or is it mixed with other berries?

Either way, if your room somehow smells (they just fixed my a/c, so it smells like gas) or you just need a relaxing and yummy smell, I really recommend this.

All you need is a few drops on your oil burner and your room will be engulfed with a sweet berry scent!

It lasts a long time too!

I bought a backup because I'm a hoarder like that but believe me, the bottle I'm holding in the pic is the one from last year, and you can see that I barely made a dent in it!


Oh wait, I take that back, you can't really see.

LOL.

This is one scent I keep going back to when I need a pick-me-up, it can get too strong if you accidentally put too much but you can dilute it with water, just make sure you don't do it while the burner is hot, like what I did >_>;

It cracked.
I cried.


So yeah, if you ever come across it, or if TBS will release it again, I do recommend this product!


I hope they release it on the permanent line, if ever.


I haven't bought their other fragrance oils but I do have my eye on some of them already :)


With TBS Home Fragrance Oil, you don't need a lot of product, so it'll last you a long time.


PROS:

- Smells divine.
- 10ml of product lasts you a long time.
- It doesn't stain your fragrance burner.
- One or two drops is enough to give your room the sweet scent.
- Posh & sturdy packaging.

CONS:

- Not available all year round.
- Expensive unless you buy it in the UK or during a sale.
- A rare item to hunt down should you run out of it.
- It can be overpowering if not used carefully.


Rating: 4.5/5 (it would have gotten a full 5 but since it's not a permanent line, I had to take that into account!)

'til then, take care!

-Nisah-

P.S: I just put up a For Sale page, do check it if you're interested in buying hairchalks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)