Sunday, August 3, 2014

Review: Etude House Face Conditioning Cream

Hi guys! It's August and it's been AGES since I've written a post or a review.
I totally forgot how to write one.

For this particular product, I'll try and make it short and sweet.
To sum it up: I LOVE THIS!

The product I'm reviewing is the Etude House 'Face Conditioning Cream'.

Etude House Face Conditioning Cream

PRODUCT INFORMATION

This is a 3 in 1 product that acts as a moisturiser, primer and also sunscreen! It contains 75g of product and has SPF25 PA++. It is housed in a squeeze tube. This product can be used on its own or under makeup, as it is advertised as the perfect adhesive for makeup. This product is made in Korea and should be used up within 12 months. The price in Brunei is BND21.90.

The translation for it on eBay. Excuse the Engrish lol

When I bought this, I asked about the other variant, which is the Face Conditioning Cream Light. I believe that that's meant to be more for oily skin? I might be wrong but there's not really much information around. Well, Etude doesn't have it yet.

Anyway, I went ahead and bought this on a whim. I saw Bubzbeauty raving about it and I know she has oily-combination-sensitive skin so I thought it'd be safe for me to use. Etude was having a sale that time too and I really needed a good product for my dry cheeks and oily T-zone!

I'm so glad I bought this.

To start off, I have a foundation that oxidises on me like crazy, so I never wore it. I went ahead and used this on the first day of Eid under the Revlon Colorstay Foundation. My face never looked better. Due to my recent hormonal breakouts and clogged pores, this product was a saviour! The foundation didn't even oxidise! And it barely moved!

Even using it under a BB cream that doesn't last long, it made it look nice, less cakey. I also noticed less fading...other than the area under my glasses and some areas I didn't bother covering properly (dark spots).

Depending on what foundation or BB cream I use, the oil control varies. For the Colorstay, it lasted about 5-6 hours without much oil, even my cousin commented my skin looked like healthy skin! For the BB creams I tried it with, one was about 3-4 hours an the other got oily just very slightly around the nose at the 2 hour mark. But all in all, my skin still looked presentable.

Since I have an oily T-zone, I apply it all over my face after toner. A little product goes a long way. The cream doesn't leave a noticeable white cast over my face. It leaves my skin smooth and plump, and slightly sticky, perfect for foundation to adhere to.

It doesn't really conceal my pores, so I do need a separate pore filler but I'm not complaining much.

I think I've found my holy grail primer (for the time being).
FINALLY!

---

PROS:

- Fantastic primer to make foundation last long.
- Oil control is good enough for me.
- Makes skin plump and smooth.
- Very lightweight.
- Doesn't clog my pores.
- Locally available.

CONS:

- Price is slightly high for the amount of product you get.
- Would have preferred a pump.
- The squeeze tube is too sensitive (easily squeezed).
- (EDIT) Somehow it doesn't work well with EH face products :/

Rating: 4.5/5 (First primer that doesn't clog my pores!)

Will I buy this again?

YES! I am curious about the Light variant though!

Do I recommend this?

Yes, but that depends on your skin needs.

Where can you find this?

You can buy this locally from Etude House Brunei.
You can also find this online :)

---

Hopefully that helps you out.

I'll take photos later hopefully if I wake up early lol.
I feel slightly sick.

'til then, take care!

Eid Mubarak :D

-Nisah-

1 comment:

  1. Belated Eid Mubarak! :)

    I use this too! I agree this is super good but it too bad it doesn't smoothen my pores like The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil. Haha anyway, this thing holds my makeup longer.

    blog.naver.com/mmii93

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)