Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Favourite Products: March 2013

Hey there :D

I decided to do a favourites post after reading Kim's post! Even though I usually don't do things like this, I realised that I do have some favourite products that I go to all the time!

Okay, let's start:

1)
Maybelline Baby Lips in 'Coral Flush'
This is my go-to lip balm. Yes, it's tinted, because I haven't managed to buy the un-tinted one to use every night. This one, despite it being tinted, is very toned down, even though it's supposed to be coral. It just gives a nice flush of colour when you need it. It is quite similar to another Maybelline lipstick but I shall talk about that in a more in-depth review.

Why do I like it? It simply hydrates my lips so well! And it smells nice too.

2)
Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in 'Finale'
I love this. It has a weird finish, it's not fully matte, but not fully shiny either. I guess it's like...suede? Lol duh. That IS the name of the lipstick. It's just weird, but I love it! I like how it's matte but not overly drying but not too hydrating either. Does that make sense? Either way, it's a lovely product and really not as strong as "In-your-face" as I thought it'd be! It stays on my lips quite comfortably.

I can also opt to tone it down with my next favourite~

3)
essence lipstick in 'In The Nude'
This is a lovely, hydrating nude lipstick. You get a lot of product for how much you buy it for. That's not bad, right? It smells nice, kinda fruity, and goes on your lips so well. You can use it to just nude out your lips lightly or if you want it more opaque, you can layer it on. You can also layer it over stronger lip colours and it'll just make it less bold so easily. I also gave one away for a giveaway before!

4)
theBalm Batter Up Creaseless Cream Shadow in 'Home Plate Kate'
This is a lovely pink shimmery base that does not crease on me. I used to go to the golden one but that one is drying up a bit more than usual (I need to revive that one) so I decided to use this baby instead. On its own, it's more like a white shimmer with pinkish tones, against my eyelids. I can easily layer it up with a similar colour or any other colour because it's such a good base. It's not too white, not too pink. It just works. On a good day, this doesn't crease on me for at least 12 hours BUT it does tend to rub off on my inner corners! But 12 hours is good, no?

5)
MUA 'Heaven and Earth' Eyeshadow Palette
My go-to palette for now. It has all the colours I need on a day out if I don't want colours. It's also light and small that I can carry it safely in my bag IF I do feel like I'd need to touch up during the day. However, with a good base it'll stay on my lids until I want to remove it! Good, eh? I have made a full review of this palette, here.

6)
TheFaceShop Make Me Star Waterproof Gel Liner in #5 (The Awesome Blue One)
THIS, THIS is my forever favourite holy grail eyeliner (for now anyway). It is absolutely waterproof and lasts all day long (with minimal smudging at the corners of my eyes) and I usually use it on the lower lash-line and leave my upper lash-line eyeliner free. Usually. You can use the smudger at the end to make it into eyeshadow if you want to. I've actually cried with this eyeliner on and it didn't budge, at all. Unfortunately, its counterpart (the brown one) actually broke on me! The tip that is, so that's one downer. It's quite fragile.

7)
Eskinol Papaya Smooth White Facial Deep Cleanser
I ran out of this, obviously. I'm actually trying out the other variants however, I think this is the best one for me. It smells nice, it's not as harsh as the other ones I've tried and I'll definitely repurchase this once I've run out of the others because this one is, by far, my holy grail toner at fading acne scars! Full review here.

8)
The Skin Shop IRIS Derma Solution Whitening Plus Serum
I like using this to hydrate my face on drier days, after my toner, and it does help a lot. It's supposedly a whitening serum that gives you moisture and nutrition. I can definitely say that it does moisturise. As for whitening, it's not that obvious, but it does fade some scars. Not as fast as my Eskinol + moisture gel but it helps. Especially since I ran out of my go-to moisturiser! I'll definitely repurchase this if it's still cheap.

9)
Mario Badescu Drying Cream
I bought this from Luxola, and it arrived just before my KL trip. Does this work to dry up under the surface bumps like it promised? Not sure, I don't think so BUT it does help dry up erupted pimples so fast you'd call your grandma just to rave about it! It is however way too drying even for my oily-combination skin so use it sparingly. Sensitive and dry skin, use it with caution. A little goes a long way and I like it. You can purchase the product here. It's priced at SGD24 but you can get 15% off if it's your first purchase from the site. 

I think it'll last you a long time~ I barely made a dent and I've been using it every night. I'll definitely repurchase should the time comes.

10)
MUA Matte Foundation in Shade 3 'Gentle Fawn'
Matte foundation? No. It's not matte, it's dewy finish at best. However, what I like about it is that it's the perfect colour for my skin-tone AND it does not oxidise on me. The coverage is sheer, but buildable to medium. You can work it well with a concealer if you don't want to build it up too much. I like the sleek packaging and you can control the amount of product well. It does not feel heavy on the skin but it does leave a sticky feeling (just lightly), you can apply powder to mattify and set it. 

The only CON for now? I don't think it contains any SPF but I might be wrong. You can get this product here.

11)
MUA Bronzer in Shade 3
This is the only matte one out of the basic range and it's a lovely shade. Not that orange at all on me and it actually shows up! *I'm looking at you, Etude House, Holika Holika!* I usually use it to contour my nose because I haven't mastered contouring my cheeks. You're also getting a LOT of product out of this and it's only £1! You can get it here.

12) 
sasatinnie Facial Mist Toner in 'Peach'
I use this to set my face makeup. Does it last long? I'm not so sure, but it does give my face the original texture after putting on all that foundation, BB cream or powder on my face. I love the scent and it does help rejuvenate the face. Anti-aging? Not so sure about. Holy grail? Not so much but it'll do for now.

13)
sasatinnie Makeup Remover Wipes in 'Rose'
This is for sensitive skin. I actually bought two of the 'for oily skin' and I haven't used it. I have been using this ever since I bought it, and it works well! There's only 10 sheets though, but it does the job. Maybe even better than my favourite makeup wipes from TheFaceShop! It doesn't sting my eyes at all and I think it definitely removes most of your makeup (but definitely use a facial cleanser too!)

14)
Cyber Colors 24 Hr Eyebrow in 'Gray'
I can't live without this. I just can't. However, the price does get to me. This was recommended to me by a SaSa MY consultant and I really thank her for doing so. I turned to her saying that I needed a waterproof eyebrow pen and dammit, this works. I liked how she also said that I shouldn't use black as it's too harsh. Gray works just fine. This is my go-to eyebrow pen...cil. I will definitely repurchase this but I'm trying out other options first!

15)
BDL Papaya Whitening Hand & Body Lotion
This is the lotion I'm using right now for my body. I love the smell but it can have a weird texture. Sometimes it balls up if it mixes with certain products. I haven't noticed any whitening but for the price and for the quantity, it works. It's 600ml and I bought it for BND4.90? It works for me~ Papaya is love, you know?

16)
Victoria Secret Fragrance Mist in 'Love Spell'
Holy grail fragrance mist. Enough said. I bought a bigger bottle of it recently because it's just that lovely. I tried other scents but I still bought this one because it's just perfect. It's 'me' in a bottle and the best part is that I'm not allergic to it! Yay! Do try it if you ever come across it! It's Cherry Blossoms & Peach scented. But it's more to peach!

17) 
V8 Crystal Repair Serum for Split Ends and Damaged Hair
This is my go-to hair serum nowadays. It smells nice, works well and is absorbed by the hair nicely. However, don't overdo it or it'll make your hair look dry in photos instead lol. It smells like this snack I grew up eating, like 'Ais Krim Panjang' or what's it called? I'm not so sure. I bought it from my uncle's wife (my aunt technically lol) who runs a salon. I would definitely repurchase it once I run out. It's cheaper than the L'oreal Anti-Frizz one!

--

Okay, that's it for my favourites! That was a lot, no? Lol. I'm so sleepy right now.
If there's any product you'd like me to do an in-depth review, just leave it in the comments and I'll try do it!

Out of all of these, I can't live without number 1, 4, 6, 7, 9, 14 and 16!

I think I covered all of my go-to products of the month!

What about you?

Do you have a monthly favourite?
Leave your link or answers in the comments! I'd love to read them!

Take care then!

-Nisah-

EDIT: I just wanna cry. Trying to edit this in HTML resulted in some shitty results and I lost half of my post that took an hour plus to write. Had to do the whole thing again (copy-pasting it from the html at least) so I have a headache now...sigh. I'm a jinx with computers. Definitely.

6 comments:

  1. I love Babylips! They all smell so good! The Mario Badescu drying cream works like a charm on my face all the time. Is there a black colour for the Face Shop eyeliner? I wanna try it out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanna try the other Mario Badescu products~ maybe in the near future.

      Yeah, there is, it contains little shimmers though, if you don't mind. For this line, there are no matte ones if I'm not mistaken!

      Delete
  2. I bought the Eskinol toner, hoping that it works for my acne scars too, InshaAllah! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it won't irritate your skin! So far, to me, it's the least aggravating one. I should write up on my master equation of acne scar fading lol.

      Insya Allah it would work. Try it once a day first.

      Delete
  3. I really really like the Baby lips lip balm c: My sister gets them all the time. One day I tried it out and o-o I was amazed. So smooth and moisturizing :Dc

    ~Rei

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful product! I need to buy Smoothing Cherry again!

      Delete

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)