Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My YouTube Channel Recommendations Pt. 1

You know what can easily make me happy when I'm super down?

Well, other than my anti-depressants (I stopped taking them btw, my own choice), looking up videos on YouTube helps! That, and also ranting on my blog.

Well I'm gonna recommend some Youtubers that actually can make my day!

Here's the list and I'll also give some reasons why and when I discovered them :)

---Gaming Channels---

1) BlueXephos

I found out about this channel randomly while I was browsing for videos on YouTube via my phone. It was around late 2011, because I remember just recently getting my Galaxy S2 then. I was depressed everyday, and nothing seemed to help. So one day, while I was browsing the 'Featured' or 'Popular' videos, this particular video popped up:


Back then I knew about Minecraft (I did play the game with my friend and actually recorded them) and I realized I've actually seen one of their videos, but this particular one stood out the most. Interestingly, I have never watched their most popular series 'Shadow of Israphel' when this popped up.

So I clicked it.

...and the rest is history.

Interesting fact was that I never subscribed to them at first. I only kept searching for new episodes. 
This was because back then, I only subscribed to music or beauty channels. But this was the first gaming channel I remember subscribing to.

Then I became addicted to them and laughter helped me a lot. 
I usually watch them before I went to sleep.

They were like bedtime stories to me (they technically are).


Here are some more recent videos that made my day(s) :D




and



Well, hope you enjoyed them!
I'm also subscribed to most Yogscast members too, so do check them out!

Next, we have~


I found him via Minecraft. I was searching for an interesting series to watch, and I stumbled across this! Back then, I love videos that had parts to watch because it made it more fun, and you look forward to things. Trust me, when you're depressed, having something to look forward to helps. A lot.

This was my first video by Kevin:



This is a really fun series (for me, anyway) and I'm really drawn to his voice :D

This is quite engaging for me, so it helped a lot.
Unfortunately, he hasn't been making many series that catches my attention because another YouTuber is busy doing that (you'll find out soon)

But he does make many fun videos :D

Like this :D


and this


Coming up:


This is Cry :) I don't know how he looks like. No one does. But his voice, everyone loves. It was my friend who introduced me to him, gushing about his voice. I was like "What, who, what, where?" and she linked me this:


Honestly my first reaction was "What?"
But as the video progressed, as the game progressed...I became hooked.

There was something about his narrative that was....dare I say? Hypnotic.

Here are some of my favourite videos/series by him :)


and also~


Oh, notice that I linked many RPGMaker-like games? Well, he does awesome commentary on them. Definitely check them out :D

Oh, and his The Walking Dead Game series too :D (Check out Yogscast Hannah's series of it too, it's good)

Last but not least....


I remember coming across his videos...and not really liking them. I think it was because that particular video of him was like BAM! SCREAMING&STUFF I didn't like at all...I don't particularly remember what video I watched from him that made me subscribe, I think it was this:



Too bad he didn't continue this D:

It's sooo funny XD

And then I watched some parts of Heavy Rain...and some other series. Looked up his old ones and stuff.

AND THEN, THIS, THIS EXISTED:



It's a game with Cry OwO

MY FAVOURITE VIDEO EVER.
Never fails to make me laugh.

Then he started playing Fahrenheit. Watched that like an addiction.

Then, there was Bully, ZombiU...etc.

One of my favourite series~


Pewds makes a LOT of nice series. His commentaries are weirdly engaging and the running jokes (especially BARRELS) never fail to make me giggle.

So yes, Pewds has been the one nomming all my attention (but BlueXephos is and will always be my go-to "anti-depressants")

---

So yeah, that's part 1 of my YouTube Channel Recommendations :D

I only put these 4 because the discovery of their channels really helped me fight my depression, so yeah, they have a special place in my heart :)

I hope that they'll continue to make interesting series that would make my days worth living (I know, it's sad but it's true. We all cope different ways)


The next part would be Beauty Channels I guess. Not necessarily to fight depression but just good ones I think is good :D


So yeah, that's it!

Take care!

-Nisah-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)