Thursday, March 14, 2013

Review: MUA Heaven and Earth Palette

I ordered this palette for myself during the 35% Off + Free Shipping Offer on MUA Makeup Academy last year. So I've had enough time to evaluate this palette.

Site Description:
All our beautiful palettes come with 12 complimentary shades so you can pick and choose for a variety of looks. They're a soft, blendable texture that glides on with ease. At just £4, you basically need them all... Heaven and Earth is the ultimate neutrals palette containing everything you need to create your gorgeous natural look. Sweep a light colour under the eyebrows and on the top of the eyelid before simply brushing over any one of the beautiful bronze shades over the lid for the easiest, foolproof natural neutral eye! (Try saying that quickly!) This palette usually sells out in the blink of an eye so if you can see this page it's probably worth sticking one in your basket as soon as possible!
MUA 'Heaven and Earth'  Eyeshadow Palette
Click the photo to view the ingredients :)
The MUA 'Heaven and Earth' Eyeshadow Palette comes with twelve beautiful eyeshadows that are meant for natural looks, aimed at those who want a go-to palette for a working environment or maybe just school (at least in my opinion). It contains 9.6g of products overall and comes with a dual-ended sponge tip applicator.

The reason why I ordered this palette was simply because I am in love with coppery, bronze-y, earthy colours, and everything on this palette, it's wearable for me. I haven't really used at least two of them, but I've been using the others a lot and due to its good pigmentation, I have barely made a dent on it.

There are some colours that are really patchy, namely the pearly shade. and not pigmented, as you can see in the swatches I'll post. But under normal circumstances, considering the price of the palette, this is reasonably good.

Under normal room light.
With flash.

It's my favourite go-to palette right now because it's light and compact. It's very travel-friendly, I actually brought this with me to my KK trip last year and indeed it was the only palette I needed. I always wear these with my favourite blue eyeliner from TheFaceShop, or just on its own. There's not really a very dark colour you can use as a liner, except unless you use a very light shade and then line it with one of the darker colours.

I can use my fingers, the sponge-tip applicator or a brush and they all work well. If I'm on a hurry, I'll just dab them on my eyes.

Oh yeah, do they crease? Depends on how much you put.
If your eyelids are oily, a nice base would work well to intensify and elongate the wear.

Here are the swatches with one swipe of the finger, with no eyeshadow base.

Under normal room light.

With flash.
As you can see, all of them are shimmery and 80% of them are very pigmented, so you wouldn't need a lot to do both eyes. A little goes a long way, especially the darker shades to darken your outer-v. This palette is good for everyday neutrals and also for a smokey look.

Do I recommend it?
Yes. Of course, especially if you're on a budget.

This palette costs £4.00 normally, which is BND7.50.
0.8g of each eyeshadow costs approximately BND0.62!!

For comparison, 2g or less of eyeshadow from the Korean Cosmetic Stores (all of them), usually cost BND9.90, so yeah. Do the math.

Do check out their site, they usually have nice offers from time to time.
You can get this same exact palette here

If you live in the UK, or you're on holiday, you can easily go to Superdrug and pick one of their many available palettes.

This palette gets a 4.5/5 for me :)
Just disappointed with the lighter highlight colours.


Hope you found the review helpful.

Take care!

-Nisah-

3 comments:

  1. I've only use four colours so far.. I normally do a two colours shade - a lighter and darker since I have a monolid eyes :P Im in love with this palette since it arrived. Def recommended!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog through Wengie's shout-outs and I really like it 'cause there's not a lot of beauty bloggers from Brunei. I'm from Brunei too :)

    http://kimberleong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just visited your blog :D Yeah, I gotta agree on that but there are some popular Bruneian bloggers out there too :)

      You can check the What I Read to find out some that I found (not much, but it's there lol)

      I'm glad you found me because now I found you XD

      Gonna list ya :3

      Delete

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)