Sunday, April 7, 2013

My Acne Story... (Disgusting Photos, I Warned Ya)

To be honest, this post is what I've been dreading the most.
I struggled, I really did. With writing this.

I'm on the verge of crying.
When I took out the photos from my old laptop.

I really cried.
I kinda also found some old pics of my ex, but eh.

I think my acne battle made me cry more.
Anyway.

Growing up, I never had to fight acne that much, I believe it was around the end of 2011 that I noticed my skin getting worser and worser. It was also 2011 that I started developing a love with makeup. Did it cause my acne?

Or was it turning 20?

Maybe it was both.

You can read more about it on my other blogposts. I'll link them here:

Yesterday <- Started acne treament with Skintologist (FAILED)
Once Upon A Time <- My old skin :x I will never continue this. Think of this post as Part 2!
Acne, GO AWAY ): <-Recollecting of when it started, my battle documentary, partially.

Or you can click on the acne or anti-acne tags.

Here are some pics (made small for your sake) of when my acne/acne scars were at its worst D:

These photos were taken right after a Skintologist facial (so you see some stray mask residue here and there) and you could see that there was nothing good about it.

Not happy that I had to go out like this after a facial.
It was very hard to smile.
I know my acne's not as bad as some people but still...
Last photo was when my skin was so horrible. It  was dry, flaky and had many breakouts!

So basically what I've done to battle acne was:

1) Invested in a failed acne facial/microdermabrasion treatment with Skintologist (BND800+ down the drain, actually plus BND100+ for the so-called "skincare", and I'm not even done yet with them D: I don't know if I want to go back, actually!)

2) Invested in a PMD (I still use it from time to time, and this cost like BND200+)

3) Invested in products that when pooled, probably cost more than BND200+ or just less.

4) Make-up Ban that didn't work much other than increase my anxiety.

5) Tried traditional means to battle it, failed.

6) Tried some anti-acne tablets. Didn't work.

7) Invested in make-up to help cover it.

8) Researched everything to do with acne. Avoided milk, avoided some food, but eh.

9) Covered my mirrors because I was too hideous.

10) Ended up going to the doctor and cried. Prescribed T3 Mycin....and it worked!!


T3 Mycin, I believe, was the start of actually stopping my acne.
I think it was. I might be wrong.
It might be a placebo effect.

But either way, after using it (and maybe that time I was using something else), acne stopped and all I had to do was fade scars.

And again, I was on the search for scar-fading solutions D:

Nothing seemed to work as fast.

Or as miraculous.

I ordered things here and there...

...until I found a miracle in a tub.

C+M's Papaya Whitening Deep Moisture Gel. (It's out-of-stock DAMMIT)

That, and Eskinol Papaya Smooth White.

Using Eskinol was a gamble because a lot of people said it is bad for the skin.
I think it is. However, it helped me, a lot.

I think my scars fade as early as 1 week!


I also used nanoWhite Intensive de-Pigmentor Serum when I was on this skincare regime but I ran out of it and it was too expensive to buy >_>; I mean, for such a small product lol.

You too expensive, baby.

Unfortunately, I'm not using any of these products at the moment :/
I ran out of all of them ( ;_; ) but I'm working it with a combination of things.


Somehow my pores are clogged, but as long as I don't breakout, I'm okay with it.

I'm been breaking out here and there because of my bad sleeping habits (I mean, hello, it's 2.37AM right now)


But I will go back to my old skincare regime when I think the other things don't work out!

I hope the Moisture Gel is restocked soon.
Like, seriously.

I can't live without it ):

Well, I've been living without it for a while...

I still can't find a similar product.

If you have any recommendations of a gel moisturiser, do leave it in the comments below!
Cream based moisturisers are too heavy for me.


So, how does my skin look like now?

You wanna see?

This was actually for a BB Cream Review LOL.
It's not perfect but I'm not complaining.

I have clogged pores around my nose right now...any tips for clogged pores? LOL.


So yeah, do I recommend you to use my way of dealing with acne? Nope.

You see...Tea Tree Oil, Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide did not work on me.
I was gutted.

I don't even take care of what I eat (I eat sweet stuff like hell, believe me) although I'm still scared of milk.

I don't exercise much now.

I SHOULD THOUGH.


And my sleeping pattern is messed up.

So yeah, some people's acne is caused by poor diet, lack of exercise and bad sleeping patterns.


I think back then, it was caused by weird hormonal imbalance and I think I still have that.


But like what that woman from Skintologist said: "The skin changes when we reach our 20s, that's when we need to change our skincare. That's when we need to slough off dead skin on our own, do some treatments, facials and invest in some products. Because our skin has changed completely."


I think so too.

So do bear in mind, what might work in the past might not work now.


....although I'm treating my skin so badly now D:


Oh, oh!

Something I really, really emphasise nowadays is CLEANSE YOUR FACE THOROUGHLY AFTER MAKEUP!!!

Like, seriously.


That's one mantra I have.
No matter how I tired I am, cleansing my face off of makeup is something I will not take lightly.




I'm still thinking whether or not I should finish my "treatments" with Skintologist :/
Can I ask for a fucking refund?


Heh.

Now, my only problems are:

1) Clogged Pores
2) Big pores on the nose.
3) Blackhead/Whitehead.
4) Oily T-Zone (or rather, I haven't found a good primer!)
5) Under the skin bumps.


Okay then!

Take care!

I hope this post didn't give you nightmares D:

-Nisah-

EDIT: I remember what my sister told me~ Don't buy products that SAs recommend unless they have flawless skin. Or, don't follow advice from people who rarely breakout lol. Like, the products they recommend to "banish acne" when they only break out during their periods. Can you see the logic in that thinking?

EDIT2: LOL, oh yeah, follow my blog via Bloglovin'? The more the followers, the more I'll hurry up with the April Giveaway ( ;w; )

Follow my blog via' Bloglovin'

8 comments:

  1. your sister gave you great advice. sorry you've had to suffer with acne, i have too! but i'm really glad that medicine worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought im the only one suffer this :( have you ever try the injection treatment? i have bad acne-prone skin and yea it worked. but my concern is the SCAR. dem it is so annoying :(

    i hope there is a way to get rid of the dem scars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of an injection treatment!

      My acne's not as bad as before, but the scars are annoying. It's best to fade them as soon as they heal because older scars take a while longer.

      I'm out of my scar-fading products unfortunately!

      Delete
  3. hey :D

    do you have a picture of the T3 Mycin you were prescribed? there are a lot of their types at Guardian...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi :D
      it's the T3 Mycin Clindamycin Gel 1%.
      You need to ask the pharmacy, it's controlled medicine :)

      Delete
  4. try dermatix to fade scars.ive tried once and it works but its too small and goddam expansive rm49.90 each :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the suggestion! I'll try it out since I'm breaking out again ;-; my skin's been dry lately

      Delete

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)