Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Review: SkinFood Almond Milk Rich Foot Cream

I've had this product for a while, and started using this again recently, because my feet's been quite dry.
So yeah, here's the review!

*If you have something against feet, here's a warning: My foot is in this!*


SkinFood Almond Milk Rich Foot Cream
Before I bought this cream, I was using The Body Shop's Body Butter in Macadamia. As much as I loved it, it was too oily and kinda expensive! So I decided to buy a proper cream for feet. I was actually looking for another product, which was the Peppermint Foot Cream but they only had this back then. I don't remember the price but it was definitely about RM30+, maybe about BND15 but I'm not sure. On the SkinFood Singapore site, the price is listed as $26! Wtf!

For me, it's a bit pricey for the amount of product you'd get. You only get 85ml in this product. They should have made it at least a 100ml, or even better, 150ml! I've read that the Peppermint Foot Cream contains 100ml of product~

Description of the Product~
This product promises to "deeply moisturise and nourish dry and rough feet", it's just what I need! It's rich in Vitamin E, which is a well known vitamin that is good for the skin. It helps with skin renewal, and is also good for combating wrinkles and also help fade scars and whatnot. This vitamin is suggested to be taken internally. However, there are many products that contain this, especially for the skin. There's actually Vitamin E Cream in the market, if you'd prefer it.

Ingredients List.
Moving on, let's talk about the product itself! The cream has a nice consistency, it's not too runny, yet not too thick. It's easy to spread, and sinks into the skin quite well. You can kinda see the consistency from the photos~

The cream on the back of my hand. Looks kinda runny, but it stays put.
You can see the consistency well here.
The product is not sticky at all, once spread on your foot, and you massage it in, it's all absorbed. It will leave a shiny residue, and will stay there for a while. I suggest wearing a sock overnight if you use this before you sleep!

It doesn't smell like almond or milk that much, it smells perfume-y. I can't really pinpoint the scent, but since it's to be used on my feet, I don't mind the smell as much. It's not bad, I just wished that it smells more like almond.

The 'Food' in SkinFood, y'know?

As for the packaging, it's a standard tube packaging. It's hygienic, it's simple and pretty. Straight to the point. It looks posh, there's a golden theme with it, lol. That's one reason I prefer it over the body butter, you don't have to scoop it out.

Simple, hygienic packaging.
As for the moisturising qualities of this product, it works. Is it rich? Yes, but not too overpowering, where it leaves your hands really sticky and oily after massaging your feet. In fact, I have calluses on my fingers from playing guitar, and my hand creams don't work at all, but this, it actually works!

But you can look at the results on my feet just immediately after applying it.

*FOOT PICS AHEAD*

Before applying the foot cream.
And then~

After applying the foot cream.
I didn't use soften on this image, but it might look a bit blurry due to my photo taking skills. However I can vouch that it does immediately sink in. Leaving a healthy glow. I also got some blood running from massaging the product in.

One small dollop is enough for one foot, unless your feet are very dry.
You also need to take into account that this does not prevent your feet from getting dry. You have to be consistent with application.

You can buy this product at your nearest SkinFood Outlet, or even online. 
Prices range from USD7~USD13, depending on where you get it.

Here are the pros and cons of the product:

PROS:

-Locally available.
-Easily accessible online.
-Hygienic packaging.
-The cream has good consistency, easily spread onto skin.
-Moisturises well.
-Smells pleasant.
-Can be used on other parts of the body that is rough.

CONS:

-Quite pricey.
-Contains only 85ml of product.
-Does not prevent the foot from being dry, unless you use it a lot.


Will I buy this again?
Maybe. But there are many foot creams out there that are less pricey and work just as well, I'm sure.

Do I recommend it?
Yes.
I do recommend it, it does work, but it's not a miracle product. It moisturises your feet, just like many other creams. However, it does not really prevent dryness. The amount of product you get also does not justify the price. If you can get it under BND15, especially BND10, then it won't hurt to try.

Not a must-have item.

I'd love it if you guys can recommend a good foot cream :D

Rating: 3/5 (Price and amount of product lowered it for me)

Disclaimer: Remember, our skin differs. What works for me, might not work for you, and vice versa.

Until then, take care everyone!
I hope this review was helpful~

-Nisah-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)