Friday, July 12, 2013

Review: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden

Hi guys :D
I've been neglecting my blog for a bit u.u; I'm sorry.

Ramadan has started, so happy fasting to all Muslims :D
I hope my stomach doesn't act up during this month!

Anyway~
Going back to the topic, I'm gonna be reviewing Urban Decay's Primer Potion (UDPP) in 'Eden'!
I keep reviewing eyeshadow bases LOL.


Urban Decay Primer Potion in 'Eden' (The packaging)
Product Information:
This is it – THE most legendary primer in the beauty industry. Eyeshadow Primer Potion is coveted by makeup artists and makeup junkies alike because it guarantees more vibrant eyeshadow that lasts for 24 hours and NEVER CREASES! Once you experience its powers (plus how smoothly it glides on – an added bonus) you'll never want to live without it. Original formula dries down invisibly, while Eden, Sin and Greed are shades that can also be worn as shadows or highlighters!

Now this extraordinary elixir comes in an easy-to-squeeze tube so you can control how much you apply. You also get more primer in every tube – 11 ml instead of the original 10! 

Fill Weight: 11ml e 0.37 US fl oz
UDPP in 'Eden' (Front)
This is Urban Decay's #1 Best Selling product. It used to have a more unique packaging but the new squeeze tube is more user-friendly. They claim that this primer potion stays crease-free for 24 HOURS! Has anybody tried that claim out?

This is priced at USD20, and is RM75 at Sephora Malaysia. I bought this from there (through my older sis). That's equivalent to BND30 at the time I bought it. It contains 11ml of product, and a little goes a long way, so it would last you a while.

Other than this shade, the UDPP comes in 3 other shades: Original (Nude - Dries Invisibly), Greed (Shimmery Gold) and Sin (Champagne Shimmer).

'Eden', the one I have, is a 'nude matte finish' primer. It's a nude/skin tone finish, and works to even out your lid colour.
UDPP in 'Eden' (Back)

As a primer, it helps make your eyeshadows more vibrant, and makes it stick, hence it'd last longer. It is waterproof. If you're wearing shimmery shadows, the shimmer will disappear if your rub it but the colour will stay. It stays crease-free for me but it's really not my favourite eye primer It actually creases on me faster than my cheap essence one. Even with Urban Decay shadows. **

SWATCHES
Used a M.A.C shadow
I like it, but I DON'T love it.

Here's why:

It's SOOOOO hard to BLEND! It's almost impossible for me.
If it's already so hard to blend on the hand, imagine blending it on your lids.
My lids didn't enjoy the treatment even though it is a good primer.

What is this patchy mess??
UD claims that it glides on smoothly - well, NOT EDEN!

I'm pretty sure the other shades would be smoother.

It's a shame because there are not many primers with a nude matte finish, I'll tell you that. I do have some primers with this finish but really, there are not many primers that can even out your lid.


This was my first Urban Decay product, so I feel a bit sad. I reach out more to my other primers over this one!
That's the reason why I'm gonna sell this on my Pre-Loved Products Blogsale.

---

Here are the Pros and Cons:

PROS:

-Has 3 other shades.
-Makes eyeshadow vibrant.
-Waterproof (they don't claim it as such, but it is).
-Using a normal facial cleanser will not remove the primer, only the eyeshadow itself.
-Doesn't crease **
-Evens out eyelid colour.
-Eyeshadow sticks well to the primer.
-Now comes in a convenient squeeze-y tube.
-Has 11ml of product.
-A little goes a long way.

CONS:

-Expensive.
-Hard to blend.
-Not locally available (*).
-Creases on me faster than my essence primer. At 4-5 hours**
-Only available at certain online shops or at Sephora.

*You CAN find it locally but it's sold for BND50+ at Shop@Sarah's I think (it's not an authorised reseller) OR you can also buy the replica from a seller for BND18. Mind you, they claim it's original. Some comparisons say it works about the same.

Rating: 4/5 (Blending is a B*tch)

Will I buy this again?

No. At least not this shade. I might try the original one.

Do I recommend this?

It depends. It's so hard to blend for me. But it IS a good primer.

Where can you find this?

Urban Decay's official site (for those who live in the US), they also teamed up with another site to provide for international customers but it's a bit complex?
At a Sephora branch.
Some authorised or unauthorised online sites.
Locally at Shop@Sarah's at limited quantities.

---

I hope you found this review helpful!
If you did, leave a comment.

Have you tried this?
Do you like it? Do you hate it?

'til then, take care!

-Nisah-

P.S: Blogsale for new/unopened makeup and skincare will be up soon!

**Edited.

3 comments:

  1. Eden is definitely my least favorite primer potion but mine wasn't that hard to blend.. hmm =/

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno why it's like this ;-; but because of it I just never use it.

      Might as well sell it to someone who would use it..

      Delete
  2. Never tried the Eden one. I suggest next time around to get the original one because they're fantastic and glides on all the way. Definitely my favorite eye primer (though it is expensive but agreed - a little goes a long way!)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)