Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Drivers in Brunei...

First off, let me make it clear:
I. DON'T. DRIVE.

I've been thinking about it...because it's the ONLY convenient form of transportation in this country.
The purple buses? Do you see many locals use that? Quite rarely.

The complaints I hear from friends and some family is that the bus route is just so random and stuff.
Having had to use the buses to travel when I was in Japan, I kind of wish the buses here can be improved to mimic the system there.

It was always on time, convenient and just user-friendly.



Anyway, going back to the topic of drivers...

This was actually brought up by my lil' sister who just learned how to drive.

"WHY is the TV only showing accidents caused by mobile phones? NOT ALL accidents are caused by phones." She complained as she was driving us around to buy sungkai stuff.

"I mean, look at that." She says as she carefully drives the car. "That guy 'just masuk simpang tapi nada signal!!' How am I supposed to brake?"

"What if I did not see that, and I hit him? BECAUSE I DIDN'T SEE HIM TRYING TO 'MASUK' SIMPANG?"

"In the end, they'd blame ME because I hit him, even though it's HIM that didn't use the signal."

"Plus I'm a new driver, of course they'd blame it on me."

1) They just steal an opportunity (Honestly, I dunno how to translate 'menyampati')
2) They don't bother to use the signal


These 'menyampati' people, also go against the red traffic light. I've seen this happen many times.
I mean, if they get into an accident AND die, who's to blame but themselves?


The only time you CAN drive very fast and break ALL the rules, IN MY OPINION, is when you really want to poop and pee.

Or maybe you need to hurry because someone is gonna pass away and you wanna be there before they take their last breath.

Other than that, rules are made for driving to make life safer.


As a potential driver, I am personally scared because as the passenger, I've seen many bad things happen.

Hell, I've also been in a car accident when I was young.
I guess that gave me some kind of trauma to drive.


My lil' sister was involved in small hit and run accident when she small.
That driver just rammed into the car and he drove away.

Thankfully, there was a witness.

So yeah, accidents aren't always caused by people using their mobile phones.
C'mon, PSA (Public Service Announcement), you know better than that.


Every time when I see a car speeding, I say to myself: "Maybe they really need to go to the toilet. Hopefully they won't get into an accident."


Accidents are caused by drivers, too.
Obviously.


They ignore what is taught to them while taking the driving lessons, because they think that they're pro in driving, because they think that they're above the law.


I'm not always into rules but when it comes to things involving the lives of other people, you should at least respect them.



So, will I one day drive?
I know I should, but if the roads are littered with these reckless drivers, I'd rather work hard on improving the public transportation.

I'm all for the possibility of *coughtrainscough* but that's impossible maybe.



You can't live in Brunei without learning how to drive, I know that.
So drivers out there, make it possible for the roads to be safe.

Proper maintenance should be done regularly too, to keep the roads safe. Traffic lights, lights, signboards, etc.


I'd write this for the newspaper but my rusty writing is just not right LOL.

Blogging is the way to go.

Oh, and if any of the driving terms are wrong, excuse me because I don't drive and I haven't learned any of it LOL. I did ask my sis but she finds it easier to explain in Malay.

'til then, take care~

-Nisah-

P.S: Keep your kids in line when they're in the car. Seriously.

4 comments:

  1. That's exactly why I was never interested to drive and now baru tah kan belajar. Had to! But yes these people yg inda pakai signals ani bagi sasakkk.. I always said to my husband that people should learn and take the Undang2 test every 5 years to remind them and make the questions tougher! Hulu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes a lottt of sense! These reckless drivers are making it less desirable for me to learn :x but I need to, it's hard having to have people drive me everywhere!

      Delete
  2. I once had an experience when my dad was driving with my whole family and it was our turned to go as the traffic lights turned green.

    And you know how Bruneian drivers kinda lag for a few seconds before they actually move and when my dad started driving, this car suddenly came out of no where from the right junction of the traffic light in full speed and my dad had to have a sudden brake.

    That driver when across us in full speed and the lights was green for ours for probably 10s already. Guess that person reaaaaally needs the toilet. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when they're like that! Seriously!
      I mean, if they get into an accident, it's really all their fault. What if they involve other people again?

      :/ yeah, probably really need to poop.

      Delete

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)