Monday, July 8, 2013

Review: essence Long Lasting Cream Eyeshadows

Hi guys :D
Today I have a review of the essence Long Lasting Cream Eyeshadows!

I'll be reviewing two shades, one is from the 'stay all day' line and the other one is from the limited edition line ('circus circus').

The shades are 'COPPY RIGHT' and 'IT'S MAGIC'.

stay all day long lasting eyeshadow in '01 COPPY RIGHT'
circus circus long lasting eyeshadow in '01 IT'S MAGIC'
Product Information:

These cream eyeshadows are housed in a plastic jar and contain 5.5g of product, which is actually more  than other cream eyeshadows I have (other than the Tony Moly one but that doesn't list the product weight). Product should be used within 12 months, which is same with theBalm -this does dry up quite easily similarly. This product is priced at BND5.90 and can be bought from Paloma.


It's separated from the sides already.
Taken with flash.
'COPPY RIGHT' actually looks like a taupe-y colour rather than a coppery one. It's an eyeshadow that contains an acceptable amount of shimmer and would most likely compliment any skin tone. I don't have a shade like this in my cream eyeshadow collection so it's a nice addition. There's a faint purple pigment in this shade. Works well on its own and as a base for neutral or smokey looks.

It's a bit hard in the jar, so you need to kind of dig into it a bit. It applies patchy but is very pigmented.   It sets very fast so if you want to blend, make sure to do it fast. Once it sets, it won't budge!

Taken with flash.

As for 'IT'S MAGIC', it's a shimmery gold shade. Gold would definitely compliment many skin tones well, and it's quite different from 'Base Hit Kit'. This is a lot easier to work with than COPPY RIGHT and applies more smoother too. As with the other shade, this sets very fast. This works well as a base or on its own.

Both of these shades, last about 5-6 hours on me without creasing. The colour would fade a bit but it's still fine. I've never tried this with an eye primer because I don't need it. It holds up well on its own. Mind you, I didn't even powder my oily eyelids before I applied it. I've also tried to see if it'd last with sweat so I did try it while running on the treadmill.

I say with a bit of sweat, it still holds up well, about 4-5 hours!

The colours actually remind me of two colours from Urban Decay's Theodora Palette. They swatch a  bit like Bewitch and the gold half of Spell!

Swatches: (L) COPPY RIGHT, (R) IT'S MAGIC.
Taken with flash.
To be fair, I've never tested it as long as theBalm but i think it'd hold because the texture is about the same. I guess due to it being harder in texture, it holds up well on my oily lids.

I put it up to the test with a Maybelline Color Tattoo and this lasted longer for me. Both didn't crease but the Color Tattoo faded a lot more. Plus, this is more pigmented.

The Color Tattoo is creamier, yes, but somehow I'd reach out more for this.

I've never used this as an eyeliner so I can't say much about it.

---

PROS:

-Lasts about 5-6 hours (may even stretch 8 hours but I've never tried it for that long) without setting/without primer.
-Works well as a base for eyeshadows to stick to.
-Affordable.
-Locally available.
-Sweat-proof.
-Comparable to more acclaimed drugstore brands.
-Has more product than other brand cream eyeshadows.
-Travel friendly due to it's light weight.
-Sets very fast and doesn't budge.

CONS:

-Applies quite patchily.
-Colours are limited.
-Hard to blend.
-Product dries up easily.
-Not creamy.
-I don't like the shimmers as much.

Rating: 5/5 (Comparable to my HG in a sense that it doesn't budge, it gets its rating due to its affordable price)

Will I buy this again?

Yes, but not now. I have too many cream eyeshadows. In fact, I don't reach for COPPY RIGHT that much. I might sell it on my pre-loved items' blog sale!

Do I recommend this?

Yes, but only if you don't mind a product that's not too creamy. You can make it creamier with alcohol maybe but yeah, it'll dry up easily.

Where can you find this?

In Brunei, you can find this at Paloma at an affordable price.
In the US, you can find this at Ulta.
Everywhere else, maybe drugstores or even online shops!

---

I hope you found this review helpful :)
Have you ever tried these cream eyeshadows?

Do you prefer powder eyeshadows or cream ones?

Leave some comments if you want :D

'til then, take care!

-Nisah-

P.S: Those residing in Brunei, do check out the bracelet giveaway I'm having right now :D

4 comments:

  1. This was an awesome review!! ^-^ It was very informative. I like how you included where you can find them (so helpful ty oAo) Is it really better than Maybelline's colour tattoo? I've never tried cream eye shadow before, just powdered >3<

    Btw, the gold looks really really nice with your skin tone. I can't really pull off gold x.x;; I wish I could Q.Q You should do a makeup tutorial with some of your cream eyeshadows!! ^o^

    <3 Rei

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rei :D you're on a commenting roll! lol.

      To be fair to the Color Tattoos, I've only tried Fierce & Tangy and Edgy Emerald (because I haven't opened the gold and bronze one) and I didn't really like them. Yes, they applied better and are wayyyy creamier in texture (so it's easier to spread), however the colour and the pigmentation didn't wow me.

      It also seemed to not stay vibrant over my lids. Maybe if I used a primer it would
      I intended the Color Tattoo to be a base so yeah, a bit of a letdown D:


      There are many shades of gold you can use :D a rose gold might look nice.

      I would love to do tutorials but I can't take pics well without help XD; but when it comes to cream eyeshadow, I usually use it with powder products~

      Delete
  2. i have been eyeing on essence products. which one do you prefer the eyeshadow primer or the cream eyeshadow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eyeshadow Primer because it's more flexible :) but it's a hit or miss with some people!

      Delete

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)