Monday, July 15, 2013

Review: Catrice Cosmetics Made To Stay Longlasting Eyeshadow

Hi guys, how're you all?
It's the 6th day of Ramadhan and I've gained back a kilo or two. FML.
I blame the sweet stuff my family brought back from the UK (and also lack of exercise D:)

Well enough of picturing me getting fatter.

Today I'll be doing a review of the Catrice Made To Stay Longlasting Eyeshadow in the shade 'Copper & Gabbana'.

Catrice Cosmetics Made To Stay Longlasting Eyeshadow
Product Information:
METAL FINISH
Highly-pigmented color for an ultimate metallic shine. The creamy texture is easy to apply, won’t settle in the crease of your eyelid, doesn’t smudge and lasts and lasts and…
These cream eyeshadows are the equivalent of essence's Long Lasting Eyeshadow, except they are more posh in design. While essence's is housed in a plastic jar, the Catrice cream shadows are housed in a glass jar, with a plastic cap. It does not contain an anti-drying cap but the product stays moist. There are 3 other shades available. They contain only 5g of product, 0.5g less than essence. Product should be used up within 12 months, and they cost BND5.90 at Paloma.

Shade 080 'Copper & Gabbana'

'Copper & Gabbana' is a beautiful copper, with some noticeable golden shimmers and some multicoloured glitter. It swatches beautifully, and compliments my skin tone very well. The product itself is quite easier to apply compared to essence's. You don't need to dig your finger in to get a good amount of product. It's almost a mousse-y consistency, it's soft and it blends easily. Despite it being easier to blend, it also sets faster than Color Tattoos. Once it sets, it refuses to fall for insistent rubbing.

A softer consistency compared to essence and theBalm.
Almost similar to the Maybelline Color Tattoo.
Picture taken with flash.

Lasting power is quite good. It lasts 5-6 hours without creasing. There's minor fading but other than that, it's awesome. There's also no noticeable fallout despite the glitter.

I also tried to remove it with just water and it won't move at all!

I'd love to try it out for a longer time...however, I have a big issue with this product.

I'm allergic to the the formula D:

It swatched fine on my hand but once I put it on my lids, I felt like removing it!
It kind of tightened and it was uncomfortable, but I had to soldier on to try it out.

Such a pretty shade.
Taken with flash.

Thankfully it didn't make my eyes swollen, but I don't like pain associated with applying makeup!
I tried giving it another chance but it just hurt.

It's a shame because I love the colour and the fact that it lasts a lot longer than the Color Tattoo, I thought it'd be a nice alternative.

This is also my first Catrice product! Such a shame!

---

PROS:

-Lasts about 5-6 hours without setting/without primer (Could last a lot longer, I believe)
-Works as a good base for eyeshadows.
-Affordable.
-Locally available.
-Waterproof.
-Blends so easily.
-Comparable to other drugstore, even some high end brands!
-Sets fast and doesn't budge.
-No glitter fallout.
-Product doesn't dry up easily.

CONS:

-I'm allergic to the formula.
-A bit heavier for travel.
-Limited colour selection (only 4 available on the website).

Rating: 4/5 (I love the colour and blend-ability but unfortunately I'm allergic)

Will I buy this again?

Unfortunately, no. If I wasn't allergic, maybe. But I have other cream eyeshadows that work as well.

Do I recommend this?

Yes, and hopefully you're not allergic. It's a good alternative to the Maybelline Color Tattoos (Locally available for BND10) but it has limited colour selection.

Where can you find this?

At Paloma, you can buy this at an affordable price.
Catrice is getting more available worldwide too! It's a nice alternative to other drugstore brands.

---

Hope you found this review helpful.
I feel kinda bittersweet about this product.

Recently buying this, falling in love with it, then to find out I have an allergy from it.

I'm not sure if it's just this one shade, but I don't want to risk it.

Have you had a product you love but can't use due to allergy?
Leave it in the comments below!

'til then, take care!

-Nisah-

P.S: I'll be uploading my Pre-Loved Products Blogsale after this. I'm selling this cream eyeshadow there.

2 comments:

  1. too bad because the colour is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know ): I don't even know if I'm allergic to the glitter or the formula.

      Delete

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)