Friday, July 19, 2013

Makeup = Pokemon?

I was just randomly browsing stuff on my FB. I have many friends that love Pokemon. I do too.
Until today...I never realised how my need to collect a certain line of makeup, or brand...is similar to catching ALL the Pokemon available.

Is it just me, or do you do that too?

You buy a certain palette, lipstick and whatnot, but you ended up using them quite rarely.
The need to buy because it's limited edition (kinda like a 'rare Pokemon'), you search high and low for them...

...but once you have them, you're like "Yes! I gotcha! Now I'll put you in my stash for safekeeping."

You never let it level up, you just keep them in the Pokeball.
Unfortunately, I'm like that when it comes to certain items.


I'm trying my best to use them all but there's JUST a permanent line of 'Pokemon' that I tend to reach out for. Like, I'd prefer to use my MUA Heaven and Earth and also my Sleek Au Naturel for eyeshadows, my TFS eyeliners, a certain kind of lipstick or gloss...etc.

I usually tend to rotate my base makeup all the time, to use them up.
I also carry 2-3 lip products in my bag when I go out, so I can change them up.

However, for eyeshadows, I tend to go for my cheaper options.

Maybe because they're cheaper?


I dunno.


It just seems like I'm a collector than a user. I mean, I still use them, but I have to push myself to use them.

Kinda like Pokemon.
I have a permanent line up of Pokemon. Every one of them good for something and some sort.



But yeah.

Like the Maybelline Color Tattoos. Buying 4 colours out of 8 because I believed in the hype. Then I get disappointed :/ but it's like buying them just for the sake of collecting.

That's kinda bad.

Makeup WILL get bad :/
Skincare too.



I need to be more controlled with things I buy.
Do I need them? Do I not have them?


I'm buying less and less makeup nowadays, but sometimes I end up buying something.


I don't even need it :T


I forced myself to use theBalmJovi Palette today, then I realised that I'm not gonna use the highlighter or blush that much. Even the lip products :O

The shadows are awesome though :/


But yeah, being a collector, but end up just cherishing it, I might as well not open them at all!!
Then I'll be a real collector LOL.


What about you?
Do you buy things for the sake of collecting, or do you buy them because you definitely will use them?
Are your buys impulse? Or were they thought out?

Do you fall for limited edition things?


Leave it in the comments :D

Do I wanna be a Pokemon Master? LOLno.

'til then, take care!

-Nisah-

2 comments:

  1. I think I am a mix of I buy things because I will use them and I buy things out of impluse... When it comes to foundation, I kind of buy impulsively. I think I have 3 or 4 foundations that I have tried but only used maybe 2-3 times.

    Everything other foundation I buy out of need. I buy because I have run out of the product, or I need a specific eyeshadow colour that I will be using everyday. All the eyeshadows that I do not use were given to me by my mother, or for free X3

    I'd love to see a blog post on your makeup collection!!! ^o^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of BB Creams that I need to use up. It's sad because I start using only powder foundation now.

      I'd loveee to do a makeup collection XD maybe minus the things I have in the blogsale lol. I noticed that most of my eyeshadows are just neutrals anyway. I do try use some colourful ones but it's soooo hard.

      I think I mostly buy eyeshadows impulsively, and some lippies. Honestly, everything LOL but I do try to use up my base makeup so far, which is good (since they go bad faster)

      It's good that you're only buying other products out of need! I wished I was more like that :x

      I'll have the collection up whenever I'm free to take photos XD

      Delete

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)