Thursday, November 28, 2013

Review: Sephora Pro Lesson Palette: Smoky Eyes

Hi guys :D
I'm here with a review for a palette (FINALLY) and it's the:
Sephora Pro Lesson Palette: Smoky Eyes!

Sephora Pro Lesson Palette in Smoky Eyes

If you've read my latest blogposts, I mentioned receiving palettes from my sister. Well, hers.
This was one of them but I returned it.

Reason being that it was a gift from her husband and I don't think it's good that I should keep it!

I did get to try it out and test it though.

Anyway, moving on~

Simple and Sleek.
PRODUCT INFORMATION
What it is: A makeup palette and illustrated lesson to help you create two looks: a brown smoky eye and a black smoky eye.
What it does: Pro Lesson Palettes are the easiest way to learn new makeup effects. You'll get illustrated instructions for two looks. Easy to follow without flipping between pages or looking for cards, the instructions are printed directly on the palette. Once you learn a new technique, the six included eye shadows create endless options. 
What else you need to know: Each eye shadow is made with a high-payoff and blendable formula. The eye pencil is highly pigmented and designed to avoid tugging. Colour products are stored in a high-quality compact that features a magnetic closure. Size: 5 x 5"
This palette contains 6 eyeshadows that are 1.67g each and also a 0.62g eyeliner. There are no brushes nor sponge-tip applicators. It has a big mirror and 2 step-by-step instructions on how to achieve a brown smoky eye and also a basic black one. Three other palettes from the Pro Lesson Palette collection also exist (Green Eyes, Blue Eyes and Brown Eyes) and it's from the Fall 2011 collection (yikes!). The product is made in China.

I'm not sure about the price, sorry.

The back of the palette (click on the photo to zoom in)

Anyway, I think my brother-in-law got this this year or late last year from Sephora Singapore or Malaysia. The palette's still good though!

It says to use up in 6 months ( '-' ) I thought eyeshadows can last up to two years? Hm.


The palette itself has a weight to it, nothing TOO heavy, but it's not travel-friendly either. It could work as a travelling palette but there's just so much wasted space due to the concept, bulking it up more than it should.

Inside of the palette (with an invisible black eyeliner lol)
The instructions are printed directly onto the palette. Sure, maybe it's better than a separate booklet that you can lose, but with that concept, look at how much space is wasted. This palette could have been far more compact than it is, don't you think?

As for the pigmentation, I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't really expect highly of it (oopsies) but I really loved how it goes on the eyes. 

The swatches are swatched once on bare skin, no primer.

From the Top:

- Midnight Black Eyeliner
- Ivory
- Catherine
- Must Have
- Californian Blonde
- Marie
- Dark Brown
It's pigmented on its own, coupled with a base, it'd be even better. I was really impressed by the two mattes in this palette (Dark Brown and Must Have), it's so pigmented (although my swatch of Dark Brown is a bit clumsy) but they are quite prone to fallout. The same goes for Californian Blonde, with its shimmers.

These are wonderful eyeshadows! They are quite buttery and blends easily. Coupled with a good primer, these are awesome!

As for the eyeliner, it's quite a smudgy one (due to it being a Smoky Palette), so you can use it as a base to intensify the colours a bit more. Once it sets, it'll stay on quite well, but it's not waterproof.

There's just one complaint: The instructions don't really work.

My sister tried doing the smokey eye look on me using it and I just looked like someone had punched me! I don't normally follow instructions myself, because only you know your eyes and everyone has different eye shapes!

You cannot get the intense black as shown in the instructions. 
They didn't even include the black liner in them!

Kinda disappointing.


But if you just use it as you would everyday, it is a good palette.

My favourite shade in this is Marie. It's just a gorgeous taupe brown colour.


---

PROS:

- Eyeshadows are pigmented and buttery.
- There are instructions for beginners.
- It has a big mirror.
- Has a good black eyeliner with the palette.
- Has wearable shades for everyday.
- Shades easily transition from day to night.


CONS:

- Not available locally.
- The instructions don't correspond with the pictures.
- Waste of packaging when it could have been a compact palette.
- No applicators (some may like this because not everyone likes them)
- Fallouts, especially with the matte shades.


Rating: 4/5 (Love the eyeshadows!)

Will I buy this again?

After trying this out, I'm open to buying Sephora eyeshadow in the future :D not particularly this palette.

Do I recommend this?

If you can still find this I guess! Although the colours aren't that unique.


Where can you find this?

It's still available on Amazon :)
But it's sold out on Sephora's website (discontinued I guess).
Maybe you can still find it at locally available Sephoras.


---

This definitely showed me the quality of Sephora eyeshadows, definitely.
It's not particularly helpful now, I believe, but look at that pigmentation!

The matte colours are gorgeous.

I hope you found it interesting!

'til then, take care!

-Nisah-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)