Sunday, November 17, 2013

Review: The Body Shop Born Lippy Stick Lip Balm in Pink Berry

When I first got this lip balm, I was like: What's a pink berry?

I googled and I got this:

Photo from Google Images
It's basically a new kind of blueberry! It didn't click to me immediately when I googled them though. Another kind of pink berry is Pinkberry, a yogurt chain lol.

My first encounter with this fruit is in the form of The Body Shop's Born Lippy Stick Lip Balm in 'Pink Berry'! I received this lip balm from my brother's girlfriend. Isn't she sweet?

PRODUCT INFORMATION
Our cult lip balm in a stick format. Gives lips a pop of colour, a shot of moisture and a soft shine.
  • Light pink tint
  • Subtle shine
  • Fruity berry flavour
This lip balm contains 5g of product and it is made in UK. There are 6 varieties available overall, and each of them are housed in cute plastic packaging with cartoony lips! I don't really know the price, so I'm sorry about that! EDIT: Thanks to Liza for informing me, the price is BND8.90.

Born Lippy in 'Pink Berry'
Growing up, my mom used to give me and my sisters (even my brother sometimes) those tub lip balms from TBS and I'm a huge fan of the cherry....? Or was it strawberry. My mom got me watermelon once and I wasn't a fan of it. But I found the use of my fingers to apply product kind of annoying and unhygienic.

When TBS came up with this, I wasn't sold on it. To be completely honest, it took me a while to warm up to this lip balm. The first layer was kind of hard so it takes a while for me to go "Oh, I like this."

I've been using it non-stop for about a month or so, and I'm left with this much:

Oooh, nearly hit "pan"
I don't think it moisturises awesomely, but it works well. It kind of leaves a film on your lips, so it protects and slightly hydrates (to me) but it doesn't dry them out.

I don't think it has a taste, it has a pleasant smell at least. Nothing that makes me gag.

As for the tint, Pink Berry makes me look pale LOL.
Like a frosty sheen on my lips.

I mainly use it when I'm on my laptop, so I reach for it a lot.

---

PROS:

-Locally available.
-Has 5 other flavours.
-Travel-friendly.
-Slightly more hygienic since it's in stick form (compared to the original)
-Hydrating enough for a lip balm.
-Gives a tint.
-Cute packaging.

CONS:

-I assume it's pricey for a lip balm (TBS standards)
-Rather than give moisture, it protects instead.
-I wished there was more product.


Rating: 3.5/5 (It's passable)

Will I buy this again?

I wanna try the Toffee flavour, although I think I can find a cheaper lip balm with the same flavour!

Do I recommend this?

I won't say no. It has cute packaging :D

Where can you find this?

At The Body Shop!


---

Kinda happy that this is less rambly than usual XD

I'm kinda tired.


'til then, take care!

-Nisah-

2 comments:

  1. It's $8.90 each xD

    I used the one in pomegranate because I thought it would give me lip colour as the stick is in red. Turned out to be colourless on lips though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh thanks for the info :D I'll add that.

      What a bummer! These lip balms barely have any colour payoff :x I think the Baby Lips are better in that sense. In fact, there are many other better tinted lip balms in the market that are less than that price.

      The redeeming quality is definitely in how cute the packaging is!

      Delete

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)