Friday, November 22, 2013

Thankful (Cystic Acne and Scars)

Tonight, just after my shower, I looked into the mirror and said: "Alhamdulillah".

This is for my face right now.

My face is not perfect, far from it. I have an oily T-zone, with very difficult blackheads but the acne scars that I used to have on my cheeks, my forehead and my jaw, are almost gone.

I have acne here and there, mostly from periods and maybe stress, but nothing like from last year.
I get paranoid from trying out products, afraid it'd give me cysts, but so far, nothing like that.

Nowadays, my skin scars soooo easily, so I cannot be laidback about my skincare or my diet. I still mostly use what I know fades them: Eskinol Papaya and a pigmentation fading serum. I try different moisturisers from time to time. I try use other toners and stuff...but when I have stubborn scars, I take out my Eskinol and the Papaya Gel.

If the scars are fading, I rotate my skincare to kinda save the products lol.

But I do use the serums everyday (I have two, sometimes I combine both lol I don't know if that does double or what, or just use one of them).

Sometimes I use T3 Mycin when I think I need it, and most of the time, I spot treat using Mario Badescu Drying Cream. Sometimes even Nixoderm.

I still need to put up a review of the Dr. Pico Hydrogel but unfortunately I didn't really take photos of the after. I KNOW there was a difference, I just dunno if it's sufficient lol. I did like it, that's for sure. Especially the Whitening Serum.


I try and steam my face but it's soooo troublesome so I'm like bleh.
I do masks here and there, mostly clay/mud masks, and I do use an abrasive exfoliant (don't copy meee) because I like the feel.



I don't wanna take my face for granted, ever again.
Gonna take care of it, even though my makeup obsessed self wants to slather thick foundation and creams just for the sake of it (but I don't lol)

So yeah.

Remember this face:

( > < ) HMMM.
With enough effort, maybe it'll get better.

I didn't edit the photos other than editing my horrendous dark circles and 'stache shadow lol.
I also colour corrected it, but that's about it.

The pictures aren't that clear but the photos above were also taken with my front camera, although with natural light.


I like this pic lol.

You can see how my nose is quite oily.
I also have a scar around my neck area that I'm trying to fade with Bio-Oil lol.

When I look at this, I also regret ever going to Skintologist.
I still believe their harsh extractions aggravated my skin even more back then.


What I use on my face isn't all natural, I know, but if you have less scars, you wouldn't need heavy makeup.


I've been using makeup less and less, just sunscreen, concealer and light powder.
Sometimes I don't even wear any makeup, depending on the day.


So yeah.

Alhamdulillah, I'm thankful for being able to fade my scars.
Slowly, but surely, it'll go away.



'til then, take care!

-Nisah-

11 comments:

  1. Oooh I hate cystic acne >< It can be really evil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the worse thing was that I wasn't used to acne like that x.x growing up, my acne was so and so. It was a sudden thing. Then it poofed, just like that! *knock on wood*

      Delete
  2. Wow! Congrats my dear! That is a huge difference. I'm really impressed! :) Keep doing what you're doing because it works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad, ka ;w; it really depressed me back then. All the money going out just to fix it. In the end, it was the simple act of going to a clinic that helped! And papaya lol

      Delete
  3. Such a huge improvement :))

    www.purplybox29.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I didn't notice the huge difference until I actually looked at old pics. Even one scar irritates me, as if it's covering my whole face again. Which is quite funny.

      Delete
  4. hi wat specific combination of products did you use??? pls indicate the brand name... tnx i wish this could help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thanks for stopping by.

      I don't really use all the products I used back then right now but this is the list:

      - C+M Papaya Gel (no longer use this because it's always out of stock and can only be bought online)
      - Eskinol Papaya Toner (Switched to Etude House Wonder Pore but it is slower without using this)
      - nanoWhite Intensive de-Pigmentor Serum (ran out of this and I need to get more)
      - T3 Mycin Clindamycin Gel (make sure it's the GEL one)
      - Neutrogena Deep Clean Foam Cleanser

      I don't really use sunscreen right now but I do encourage you to, so the scars don't darken.

      Hopefully that'll work on your skin :) everyone's skin is different.

      Delete
    2. is dat a brand name or generic name???? can i buy that in any pharmacy????

      Delete
    3. C+M I bought it from Sasa.com.
      Eskinol can be found from most places (if you're in Brunei)
      nanoWhite you can find from most places as well (Hua Ho, Soon Lee, Guardian, etc)
      T3 Mycin is from a pharmacy.
      Neutrogena you can buy from Guardian or Winmark.

      I'm assuming you're from Brunei.
      If not, I'm not sure.

      Delete
  5. i will look forward for your reply

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)