Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Less is more? What about my addiction?!

Yes, I have an unhealthy addiction to makeup. Buying them. Less about wearing them.
I do wear them, but not as often as you'd think.

Nowadays, I go out at night with only sunscreen (yep, you read that right), some concealer (which I rotate around) and my Rimmel transparent powder. Sometimes I use eyeshadow, sometimes I don't. As for the lips, I mainly try and use a lipstick or a lipgloss. I try to always do my brows though.

Just like that, I look presentable.

But I somehow CAN'T STOP buying new things.
Like whyyy.

Sometimes I tell myself, "I don't need it!" but then my heart goes, "But I want it!"
I look at my wallet, see money, grab the thing and pay for it.

I run out of skincare and bodycare a lot faster than makeup, which is to be expected.
I'm not a makeup artist, I only ever use makeup on myself. I have too much makeup for one person.

Knowing this, try and take a look at my wishlist, and come back here.

Yes, I still want them.
Quite strongly too.


Nowadays, I even go out without makeup sometimes, especially when my scars are faded.
I let my skin breathe quite a lot, but my makeup is crying.

Crying for me to use them.


I use them, I do use them! But for one person, I only have one face to use up all these products!


Most of the time, I buy it because it's pretty, because it's cute.
I get tired of skincare when it breaks me out or something.

Makeup on me rarely does that, hence I have no reservations.


The things I really love buying are mostly eyeshadow bases, eyeshadow and foundation/BB cream/face powder. I think eyeliner too lol. OH, let us not forget lip products.

I'm kinda 'eh' about mascara and blushes.

I also have a growing lash collection (but I only use them for photoshoots x.x).


But nowadays, I like how I look with less makeup. Just spot concealing and stuff is enough. I think my eyes are okay on their own too.

But my makeup is crying.



I'm planning on getting one or two theBalm palettes I want.
I plan on getting one new foundation. Maybe even two.


I even plan on the Naked 3 palette.



....I think I need rehab.



( ;~; ) this isn't healthy and I know it.
But the joy it gives me when I have something beautiful in my hands...I'm sure you all would understand.


Of course it'd be even better if I'm using the makeup on someone else. At least, eyeshadows and stuff.


The makeup looks I try on myself aren't that hard anyway lol.

Sigh.


Also, I have an older sister who gives/lends me stuff from time to time.
To try out, or to keep.


She's kinda enabling me lol.
My mom kinda does too.



Dad knows it makes me happy, sometimes he gets me stuff from time to time.


I have two other sisters who aren't that into it.
My sis-in-law loves makeup, but is reserved about it.


( 'w' ) I have a brother who likes to say I look like a man with makeup.
THAT'S NOT GONNA STOP ME, BROTHER.


So yeah.

I love makeup.


Because it can turn me into a pretty person. Or someone guy-ish.


But I don't like it when people think I'm pretty.
Because it's not the real me.


Which is weird.
I dunno.

To be honest, I think it's mostly angles, poses and wigs.
LOL, seriously!

The lighting of this pic is bleh but whatever.

Sunscreen, concealer, transparent powder, eyebrow pencil and a lipstick.
I was wearing my sister's Chanel Rouge Allure in '78 Instinctive'

From this, I went home and well, there's this:

Ohai.
Angles, face expression, wig...etc.

Honestly, if I do this all the time, I'd realize I don't need all the makeup.

But I'm a collector.
I also use these things.


But I mostly collect.


I love theBalm eyeshadows.
I want the wearable palettes.

ALL OF THEM.



( ;A\ ) NUOOOO.

Of course, for photoshoots, I need the best makeup possible.
Sigh.


So I'm looking for the best foundation.

Less is more nowadays because I look okay with less.
I used to have horrible acne and scars, that's when I needed it the most.


Now I mainly feel like I need to use them.

I think after the two theBalm palettes and maybe Naked 3, I should stop.
After the two foundations, I should rest my wallet.


If I ever need more makeup, I should focus on concealers. 


....something smells burnt.


I need to stop this here.

'til then, take care!

-Nisah-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)