Saturday, November 16, 2013

Review: CLIO Gelpresso Pencil Gel Liner Mini

Hi guys, this has been in my backlog for a while lol. Since September! This was originally a swatch post but I guess now I have enough time for my thoughts on it.

I seriously still find it demotivating to have such poor quality pics on my blog :x I'm not gonna lie.
But anyway, I tried my best to show these swatches as true to colour as possible.
These pics were taken under artificial room lighting, so it's a bit dim.

CLIO Gelpresso Pencil Gel Liner Mini
PRODUCT INFORMATION
It is filled with sliding gel texture in the retractable mini auto pencil. It glides on smoothly and gives high-defined eye line. Creamy and melting formula stays put all day long without smudge.
These five eyeliners are housed in a sturdy tin case, and contains 3x45mm (what.) of product each. Try as I might, I couldn't find the grammes. These eyeliners are about 10cm long so it's not that big. These are basically the mini versions of the hyped up Gelpresso liners. The products are made in Korea and costs about BND31 (I think so) at Guardian. They're also found at Paloma.

Back of tin.
I bought mine a while back in KL at SaSa. They're normally priced at RM79.90.

While I was there, I remember trying to swatch the Gelpressos but the testers were horrible!!
So I bought this impulsively.

Inside the tin.
I thought the packaging was kinda cute and cool. It's simply one of those twist-up liners that are quite nice to use when you want precision, because they're a lot thinner and you don't need to sharpen them. Another thing I love is that it actually twists back down FULLY, so that means you won't end up breaking it!

Comparing them to the full-sized, I guess I didn't really notice much of a difference other than it not being long-lasting compared to my HG gel pencil liners from TheFaceShop. I was quite disappointed when it rubbed off of my arm when I swatched the full-sized liners in stores.

Weirdly, these didn't smudge on my hand.

They're not that budge-free but on the eyes, I thought it worked out okay.
I haven't cried with these though so I can't really say much when it comes to that!

Amount of product you'd get.
There are two other new varieties of these mini tin liners I believe.

Same tin size, slightly different different colours.

It was very hard to really capture the eyeliner swatches but I tried my best. Colours might differ depending on your screen. I'm using my Macbook Pro and my crappy camera from my Galaxy S2.

Swatches (without flash)
1. Beige Shine
2. Golden Khaki
3. Star Purple
4. Dark Choco
5. Golden Black

I don't really use these as much other than Beige Shine because I have a lot of other black and brown eyeliners and I rarely use purple. I think the Golden Khaki is also a good alternate to use, so maybe I'll try and use it more often.

They're not the smoothest eyeliners but hey, my HG liners aren't smooth. That's why they're quite budge-proof. The colours I think, aren't that intense as I hoped it'd be, Urban Decays are more intense than these. Urban Decay smudges faster than these though.

I believe the full-sized liners retail at BND19.90, so it's quite pricy. The good thing about Clio is that they have more variety than TheFaceShop, but they're a lot pricier and the longevity is not as good.

Sorry for the rambling x.x

---

PROS:

-Locally available.
-Smudge-proof (at least the mini ones are)
-Waterproof
-Travel-friendly.
-Has a variety of shades to try out.
-Wearable colours.
-Sturdy packaging (both tin and liners)
-Good amount of product.

CONS:

-Quite expensive.
-Eyeliners aren't that intense in colour.
- I have a feeling this might have caused bumps on my lower lash line.

Rating: 4/5 (They're good!)

Will I buy this again?

If the colours are something I don't have I guess. But for the price, I'll think twice.

Do I recommend this?

I think the mini ones are quite good compared to the full-sized versions. Get it on a sale or something because it's quite pricy. Better yet, maybe try out TheFaceShop ones?

Where can you find this?

You can find them locally at Guardian and Paloma.
International buyers can also easily get them online.

---

I hope you guys find this helpful.
The swatches and pictures aren't the best, I'm so sorry x.x

Tell me in the comments if you've tried Clio products, do you like them?
Do you think they're not worth the hype?
Share!

I'd love to know!

'til then, take care!

-Nisah-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)