Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Review: essence Hugs & Kisses Eyeshadow Palette

Hi everyone :D
I'm back with another review of a palette I got recently. I used it a lot during the last 2 weeks, even as a first impression I'd have been able to deduce what I thought about this cute palette.

The palette I'm talking about is essence's 'Hugs & Kisses' Eyeshadow Palette.
It does have a name, it's called '01 Love at First Sight'.

essence 'Hugs & Kisses' Eyeshadow Palette

Product Information:

This limited edition palette contains four 'trendy' 1.8g eyeshadows that aims to deliver 'striking colour effects' and comes with a 'brush' (no, not a brush, it's not a brush, what are you saying??). It is made in PRC (People's Republic of China) and should be used up within 24 months. It costs BND4.90 at Paloma.

It has a basic guide on how to apply the colours.
It comes in a cute cardboard box packaging (nothing fancy compared to theBalm or Benefit, no) and it's quite light. It's not sturdy as I accidentally ripped the ribbon out.

Oopsie.
This palette has four eyeshadow shades that are quite wearable, maybe not for everyone but it's okay to me! They don't have names, but I'll call them L, O, V and E :D

Might not be true to life.
The shadows aren't super pigmented, no, but it's not bad. It actually reminds me a lot of the e.l.f Essential Custom Eyes. The difference is that the latter is significantly more pigmented. I've swatched some of the essence singles, and I gotta say that it doesn't compare. The eyeshadow singles are more buttery.

Some of the shadows in this palette applies patchy, which is a shame. They work best with a primer, and applied with the sponge tip applicator that came with it. I tried my brushes and they just refused to be picked up D: but luckily, the applicator works well.

Swatches: L. O. V. E
I find that the dark purple included in this isn't dark enough to define the eyes, so it's definitely just for light looks. Strictly cute and natural looking eyes. The pop of colour comes from the lime green, which I quite enjoy using but it really has weak pigmentation. My favourite shade to use is L.

Unfortunately it does need a base for it to show up on my skintone, and you have to be careful when you blend because L, O and E can easily be over-blended that it just disappears into each other!

I kinda wished there was a mirror?
Although I generally don't use the mirrors in palettes!
---

PROS:

- Available locally (for a limited time)
- Affordable.
- Blends easily (maybe TOO easily)
- Travel-friendly.
- Has an applicator.
- Cute packaging.
- Wearable colours.

CONS:

- Not pigmented.
- Some shades apply patchily.
- No mirror.
- Shades are pretty much the same.
- No defining shades.
- Fades easily.
- First two ingredients are talc and mica.


Rating: 2/5 (Not worth buying if you have many other palettes)

Will I buy this again?

Nope. I kinda regretted buying it. But fortunately, I do get use out of it.

Do I recommend this?

Nope, just buy the single shadows!

Where can you find this?

Locally, at Paloma.
You can find this brand almost everywhere nowadays. Depends on where you live I guess.


---

Overall, it's not something I don't use, it's just not that impressive.
The redeeming quality is mostly the packaging.

Have you ever just bought an item because it looked cute?


Leave it in the comments!

'til then, take care!

-Nisah-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)