Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Review: essence Soft Touch Mousse Make-up

Hi guys :D
I'm back with another review of one of my favourite foundations!

It's the essence Soft Touch Mousse Make-up in '01 Matt Sand'.

essence Soft Touch Mousse Make-up
PRODUCT INFORMATION
the make-up range with a super delicate mousse texture gives your face a smooth and natural-looking matt complexion while allowing your skin to breathe freely.
This foundation contains 16g of product and is housed in a small glass jar with a plastic cap. The product is made in Germany and should be used up within 24 months. There are 4 shades in total for this foundation (so it's kinda hard to match some darker and even lightest skin tone). This can be found at Paloma for BND5.90 (I believe it used to be BND7.90? I think I bought it around that price).

Dermatologically Tested.
INGREDIENTS
CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, TRIBEHENIN, TALC, C30-45 ALKYL METHICONE, C30-45 OLEFIN, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, METHICONE, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).
I've been using this mousse foundation for nearly a year? It's been a few months really, maybe close to 10 months, on and off. Since I have a lot face makeup to use up, it's a miracle that I actually "hit pan" on this.

Whee! I can see the bottom!
What I love about this product is the texture. It's very silicone-y due to the dimethicone so it applies quite soft on the face. I sometimes use my fingers, and I sometimes use a flat top kabuki. Both work pretty well for application. I never used a sponge for it. It blurs the pores I have but it's not enough on its own to cover pigmentation. It settles into the small fine lines but it's not that obvious.

Once applied, it gives a matte finish with light to build-able medium coverage. I think it can even go to full if you really buffed it in rather than layer a chunk in one go. The mousse itself is quite crumbly toward the end which is weird.

The oil control is good and would be better with a good primer. I don't need to set this with a powder at all, unless I use a separate concealer for it.

However, I have to point out that this shade is a tad too light on me! The SA matched this to me ( x.x ) and I just agreed. I think she tried to match it to my hand instead of my neck that time. Either way, I can still work with it.

Mousse-y, slightly crumbly when swatched.
I never noticed the scent but now that I smell it, there is a slight one. Nothing offensive, in fact, it's pleasant. At least this is pleasant. Another review for an essence foundation that I recently bought will come soon. Fragrance is its worst asset.

Blended to cover the vein.
You can see how it settled into the small lines a bit.
That being said, overall, you really don't feel this foundation on your face at all! It's really light and the skin can still breathe, which is awesome!

---

PROS:

-Locally available.
-Quite affordable.
-Build-able coverage.
-Lasts about 4-5 hours (with touch-up).
-Smells nice.
-Good packaging.
-Very lightweight.
-Matte finish with an okay oil control.
-Does not clog my pores.

CONS:

-Limited shades.
-Ingredients aren't the most natural.
-The jar might not be travel-friendly.
-Settles into fine lines.
-Not good for dry skin.
-Smears on my oily t-zone.


Rating: 4/5 (Love this!)

Will I buy this again?

Yes! Hopefully in a matching shade this time.

Do I recommend this?

Try it out :D You might like it. I don't know how much it differs to the Catrice one though.

Where can you find this?

Locally at Paloma.
In Malaysia, I think at selected Watsons.
In the US, I guess maybe Ulta?


---


That's it for my review, hopefully it was somewhat helpful!
Next on the foundation list would be another essence one.

Have you tried this? What do you think about it?

Leave it in the comments, I'd love to know!

'til then, take care!

-Nisah-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)