Thursday, April 12, 2012

Package from The Sample Store: Hair Care Kit Review

So, my order from The Sample Store arrived.
I'm not saying today, because it arrived in my country on the 9th, and it's the 12th today.

I had my brother get it for me, so as usual, by the time it arrives in my room, the package is ripped by customs.

A part of me was disappointed.
The samples this time around was different. The only reason why I decided to order it was because it seemed promising. It was also a gamble to order because my first order sample never arrived D:

To be safe, I used the Registered Postage thing.
You can see it here.

This is useless to me!!!
I think it promised to be delivered to your doorstep (I guess that only applies to Singapore) and the effing tracking number didn't even work for this country I am in!!!!! SUCH A WASTE.

AT LEAST IT ARRIVED. That, I'm glad. I guess it works more like insurance for the package.

Okay, so. the first thing I noticed was the fact that they RE-USED a box given to them by SaSa, you can clearly see it here:

SASA FREE GIFT SET

I mean, I don't mind them doing it, because they wouldn't expect me to find out is it? lol; with all the stamps all over it. But I did.

LOL you haven't seen the other stamps!
I dunno if it's their fault or customs, but I wasn't thrilled with the way they wrapped the things either.

I usually get these from eBay orders....
I see all these people get bubble-wraps, well, I mean, my SaSa(dot)com packages looked a LOT neater.

With bubble wraps and Styrofoam.

But I guess it should have been me who opened it, at least I'd know how it looks like. So that's okay.
I'll let it slide.

As for the things inside....

Got a bit sad :(

I mean, 7 of the things are items I already used (SunSilk samples) and God, I still have them! Use them even! LOL but at least I know they work. Kinda. I can definitely say the Weather Defense Light Cream works, but I hate the scent, so I rarely use it.

What I wanted the most was the Elseve Serums...and unfortunately for this batch, no such luck.

It looks awesome until you try sifting through them :(
List of the things I got:

- SunSilk Weather Defense Shield & Frizz Control Light Cream x5 (5ml)
- SunSilk Silky Smooth & Manageable Shampoo x1 (30ml)
- SunSilk Silky Smooth & Manageable Shampoo x1 (30ml)
- L'oreal Elseve Nutri-Gloss Light Caring Shampoo x1 (50ml)
- L'oreal Elseve Damage Care Repairing Shampoo x2 (50ml each)
- L'oreal Elseve Re-Nutrition Caring Shampoo x2 (50ml each)
- L'oreal Elseve Smooth-Intense Nutri-Smoothing Mask x5 (15ml each)
- L'oreal Elseve Re-Nutrition Mask x5 (15ml each)
- Palmer's Coconut Oil Conditioning Shampoo x2 (4ml each)
- Palmer's Olive Oil Smoothing Shampoo x1 (4ml)
- Bawang Anti-Hair fall Shampoo x1 (8ml)
- Bawang Hair-Strengthening Shampoo x1 (8 ml)
- SilkyShine Straight & Smooth Set x5 (Didn't disclose the amount)

In total: 32

However in each of the SilkyShine Set, there's Scalp Care & Dandruff Control Shampoo, Straight & Smooth Shampoo and a Straight & Smooth Conditioner. So in actuality it's that, x5. That totals to 15 samples.

So is the total: 42?

That doesn't make it 35 is it.

Honestly I don't know how you're supposed to count 35 samples.

Because if I count individually (without counting the packets inside the cards), it'd be 31.

So, what's up with that?

So did I just receive 31 samples? Or 32 if I count the Bawang one as two, like what I did up there.

Sigh.
I keep getting disappointed.

Is it because I'm from abroad that they don't care to please as much? I'm sure that's not the case, right?
They should as least provide a list of all the samples we get.
That's the least they can do, to simplify things.

Other than the SunSilk samples, I'm excited to try the rest of them at least. Especially the Palmer's one, because I wanted to try that one out the other day. THAT ONE, I was excited to get (too bad it's a sachet sample)

Anyway, if anyone would like to explain HOW to count the samples, please do help me :)

Much appreciated.

'til then!

(Helping out my fellow friend/blogger edit her photos for her layout :) will link it next time!)

-Nisah-

EDIT: I tried out one of the L'oreal Elseve shampoos (the white one) and I loved it!!! My sister recommended the yellow one (...the one manufactured in 2008 LOL) as a good one, so I'll try it out next time.

EDIT2: Meh, apparently I have no choice but to have it registered LOL; they won't give me no for an answer LOLOLOL. ( =w= * ) ah well. 7 days is okay.

EDIT3: Reusing boxes are normal for them I guess, so that's okay. On a side note, I had sent an email inquiring about my lost samples ): they haven't replied. Hopefully soon. Or hopefully the package arriving today is theirs. It's the first one I ordered.

2 comments:

  1. You should make a complain to them D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might, but if someone can explain how to count the samples first, that'd be nice XD;

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)