Friday, April 13, 2012

Of Experiments and Further Inflammation

As you all might realize (if you read from the start) I have the tendency to impulsively do things. That includes trying out a whole lot of methods in such a short time. I have no patience (except for the matter of love, apparently, which I am not in any right now. FYI, I am not the type to cheat, but is suicidal and depressive that drove my first love away *sadface* loyal person, but damn.) at all.

ANYWAY, I want to make this more fun to read in a way, show a bit more of a wacky side of me. Ish. If that makes any sense. Me? Wacky? Nah, just weird.

So yeah, onward to my journey of getting back my normal skin (combination skin with LESS clogged pores and cystic acne [I think it's cystic]), I'm not going to lie, I started hoarding SkinFood stuff because they have a whole lot (in my head, I really want to use the word s**tload) of face masks, and I'm like "Food for skin??? COUNT ME IN!!" but unfortunately, with my skin now, they have some 'natural irritants' that irritate the fuc--crap out of my skin.

I should include very brief reviews for now yeah? Bear with me.

Cucumber Soothing Mask Wash Off
- Eh. It's nice when cold, but somehow, it makes my skin rougher instead. As if it raises the bumps of clogged pores to the surface but I can't do anything about it. I don't see it soothing my inflammation (for now) so I rarely use it.

Acorn Jelly Mask
- I think it works but I refuse to fork out my money in Brunei for this. So I ordered it from Korea. It hasn't arrived yet. It doesn't make my skin rough at least!!

Rice Mask (What was the full name??? LOL)
- I tried the sample and disliked it that I returned and exchanged it to another product. I tried the sample again recently and it still raised my bumps. I do like the smell though.

Honey Red Orange Mask
- It's a scrub. LOL. I leave it on for 10 minutes after scrubbing though. It's a decent scrub. I do like it, but it's messy due to the honey.

*will include more brief reviews here*

So basically, nothing really worked for my clogged pores. Even clay masks!!! What is up with that?? And I think my skin is so congested now, that even my favourite pore clearing peel off mask doesn't work (it dries me out if I use it too often). Therefore in the end, I turned to more natural products.

Firstly, I'm using Bunga Kuduk-Kuduk for healing scars and partial scrubbing.
Secondly, I use rice water. It smells so familiar to things associated with wedding scrubs.
Thirdly, I try and use masks made from scratch at home (mixed something up with using cocoa powder)
Fourth, I found this method that might help me unclog pores, slowly.

I'm not using any cleansers now (except for when I use the unclogging pores method), just rice water. I cleanse with rice water, I tone with rice water, I even use a mask with rice water. I should've taken a picture BUT instantly after using the rice water mask, my face was brightened!!! Some areas that didn't get touched were still dark and I'm like "Woah! Cool!!"

So basically, today, I experimented with the new regimen fully today.
My acne is all inflammed LOL. See? I told you I was impatient.

Well, I'm looking forward to repeating this tomorrow and see results.

Maybe less on the mask though lol;, except for the rice water mask.

Again, I'll wait for a week and hopefully my before and after pics would show some improvement. This is more for me than ever.

I told myself I won't go out until my scars healed.
Because I don't want to use makeup for the time being.

If my regimen SOMEHOW works, I'll share some recipes and stuff lol.

'til then!!

-Nisah-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)