Tuesday, February 21, 2012

SkinFood: Black Sugar Mask Wash Off

This will be just an overview for now. Not so much an in-depth one since I've only tried it once, for now.

Image from eng.theskinfood.com
What is this?
"Enriched with minerals and vitamins, this face scrub effectively exfoliates dead skin that prevents makeup application, while revitalizing skin." - eng.theskinfood.com


"Moisturizing and exfoliating wash off scrub mask with minerals, vitamins and glycolic acid. Cleanses and revitalizes the skin." - www.skinfood.sg

I received a sample when I bought my Peppermint Pore Diet Mask Peel-Off (gosh, that is a type-full) and decided to use this one first before using my Rice Mask sample because of a small tear. To make sure I have enough use out of this (around 2-3 times as opposed to 1 time use) I took out the sample and transferred it to a container.

Already violated version LOL. 

The instructions and description of products. Where are the ingredients?

If you can see, it's almost wiped clean lol. I don't like wasting products.

I used the remaining sample from the sachet on my face today :)

First impressions would be the scent. THE SCENT.
I was somewhat appalled by it. I expected a sweet, sweet scent but I didn't get that.
It smelled like soap, it smelled familiar but I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was.

Detergent perhaps?
Or maybe lime. It smelled like the soap used to clean dishes.
Yeah, that's probably it.

The granules are a lot finer than my DIY Sugar Scrub from this post.
I couldn't read the information on the back of the sachet that is in Korean, but I'm guessing it's the same as the English instruction, but here are some extra instructions from the website:

"* Use:
After washing, apply desired amount onto face, avoiding eye and mouth areas. 
Mix with water or toner to reduce skin irritation, and massage. 
Wait 10 to 15 minutes, and then wash off with warm water. - eng.theskinfood.com"


Honestly, I only read the instructions online AFTER using it, so I didn't mix it with water or toner. It seemed fine enough, just by wetting your face prior to use.

It reminds me of my DIY scrub, minus the harsher granules and a less sweet smell. For now, I guess I'd have to say that I prefer my scrub over this because of the smell.

It kinda lingers too, even after you apply toner and moisturizer, but probably it's the Witch Hazel toner I'm using.

On the face itself, it wasn't so harsh, and you can scrub gently. I left it for a couple of minutes while washing my body and stuff, before washing it off. I'm guessing the glycolic acid in it sloughed off some of the dead skin. It did feel slightly softer. It didn't irritate immediately, but it may have inflamed some acne I have.

But I think, overall, it's an okay product. If I were to compare, probably it might be with TheFaceShop's? Although when I tested it out, it's more harsh, kinda like the one I made.

This is definitely a lot gentler.

I think the full size product is sold around BND$20-25? I'm not sure, I'll check again next time.

Would I purchase it?
Probably somewhere in Malaysia. lol.

The price is Brunei is reasonable I guess, but yeah, need to see other options first :)

I will update once I had more use of it!

'til then.

-Nisah-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)