Monday, June 17, 2013

Review: Etude House Miss Tangerine VIP Girl Dear Darling Lips

I'm going to quickly review this lovely lip product :D
This is from last year's Summer line from Etude House, it's called the Miss Tangerine VIP Girl Dear Darling Lips in shade OR205.

Miss Tangerine VIP Girl Dear Darling Lips
I bought this on clearance sale this year lol. It cost me BND5.90 (I think that's the price)
It's still a good product I guess. It contains 4g of product.

At first I wanted another lipstick but someone bought the last one before I did >_>;
So I got this instead. There were two shades on display, I liked this one better.

If I'm not mistaken, TheFaceShop also released a shades of orange line last year.
So I guess this colour was the "In" colour of last year?

Product Info
I thought it would look horrid against my dark skin tone but it did not!
It was quite subtle on the lips, there's no scent lingering when applied, nor did it have a bad taste.
The product smells faintly of oranges, or rather, tangerines :D

It smells very fragrant and pleasant.

Tangerines (Credits to Google Images)
The product's packaging is cute, but kinda childishly tacky!
It reminds me of kiddy lipstick.

Something like Barbie.
I'm not sure if it'll appeal to everyone.

Cute but childish packaging!
It's a very secure and sturdy tube. When closed, it clicks shut which is very good if you're to bring this around.

Shade OR205
As a lipstick, it's not the most moisturising lipstick. It applies quite unevenly, and not so opaque. It's sheer but still gives you a very orange, peachy colour payoff. When I first applied it, I thought it was immediate hate, my lips weren't exfoliated so it showed.

It stuck to the dry, chapped lips quite unattractively and I had to smoothen it out with my fingers.

The colour itself is beautiful. It also has a creamy consistency.

Basically, it's a build-able colour but I think it works best over lipbalm-ed lips that's exfoliated.

Swatched with flash. Contains gold shimmers but very unnoticeable.
Not drying, yet doesn't offer any moisture. I suggest wearing a clear or a very orange lip gloss on top.
Sits quite comfortably on lips.

PROS:

-Lovely colour with acceptable payoff.
-It was quite cheap (on clearance).
-Colour can be build-up or sheered-out.
-Works wonderfully with lip gloss.
-Creamy consistency.
-Works well over pigmented lips.
-Not drying.
-Smells pleasant.

CONS:

-Accentuates dry lips in a bad way.
-Settles into the creases of the lip.
-Not very moisturising.
-Applies unevenly.
-Childish packaging.
-Colour might not suit everyone.


Rating: 4/5 (Not an everyday colour but a beautiful one to have in my collection)

Will I buy this again?

Probably not. A tube of lipstick lasts me a long time since I have many others. Plus, it's limited edition.

Do I recommend this?

If you don't have it in your collection, why not? That is...if it's still available.

Where can you buy this?

If it's still instock, definitely at your local Etude House. I'm not sure if online sellers still sell this since this is from last year's line.

---

That's it for my review, I hope you'll find this helpful.

Do leave a comment if you have tried anything from the line lol;

'til then, take care!

-Nisah-

6 comments:

  1. It's too bad the lipstick isn't moisturizing x.x I really love the colour!! Organge-peach lipsticks are my favorite to use on a daily basis X3

    My country doesn't offer any Etude House products unfortunately Q.Q I wish Canada would start selling more Asian products. Hehehe ^-^ Great review!! You're lucky to have found it for such a good deal~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that the Sweet Recipe Jelly Lipsticks are moisturising. I'd try that one out soon maybe lol. The redeeming factor for this lippy is that it's not drying.

      If it was, eghhhh.

      I'm lucky that I don't have a similar colour to this.

      Pretty sure you can get them online cheaply, maybe there's a Korean reseller based in Canada?

      I wouldn't buy any lipstick if it costs more than BND10 xD; not worth my time.

      Thanks for commenting, Rei!

      Delete
    2. (>3<) I might have to consider purchasing some cosmetics online. I've always dreaded online purchases because the items take so long to ship X3

      I am always happy to comment ^-^ You are my favorite blogger alive!

      Delete
    3. It's best if you try and find a site that's based in Canada, definitely. For me, if I buy something from Korea, it usually takes 2-3 weeks.

      ( ;w; ) awww Rei, thanks. You're definitely my favourite too (and you're friggin cute!!)

      I adore your fashion sense!

      Delete
  2. the packaging, so cute!! like what i saw on barbie movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Barbie-like! Some people might think it's too childish though.

      I nearly didn't buy it because of the packaging!

      Delete

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)