Monday, June 24, 2013

Review: essence 'I ♥ STAGE Eyeshadow Base'

Hi guys :D
I missed blogging ( ;-; ) My net died suddenly for a few days!!
Who'd have known? The kittens caused it!

I was looking at my stash and like, of all eyeshadow bases I have, this one, I've been reaching for a lot more!

essence 'I ♥ STAGE Eyeshadow Base'
Product Information:

A skin-tone eyeshadow base from essence. It is an 'eyeshadow base for a long-lasting eye make-up result. Ready for stage'. It contains 4ml of product and lasts for 6 months after opening. Made in Poland. Price: BND4.90 (at Paloma) *It's BND3.90 now*
For comparison, locally available primers are priced at:
BND10~19.90 (even more, actually) at the Korean cosmetic outlets (Tony Moly, Holika Holika, Etude House, etc.)

---

Onto the review~

At first, I was 'eh' about this eyeshadow base.
Was it as good as my e.l.f? Was it as good as my HG (theBalm Cream Eyeshadow)?

My first impression of it, it was so-so.

I wasn't wow-ed by it, but it was okay.
Application was nice, product blended well on the lid, eyeshadow colours become more vibrant, etc.
But I didn't know why I didn't fall in love.

For the price though, it was a steal!!

A doe-foot applicator for ease of use.
For a while it wasn't something I was reaching for so I lent it to my sis.
When I found out she wasn't using it, and when I just remembered that I HAD a skin-tone eyeshadow base, I asked for it back and gave it another chance.


Then, I fell in love.
After comparing it with my other bases, this product was quite good!

I have a LOT of bases, you see.
This is like e.l.f but a lot more liquidy and has some skin-tone pigments to even out your lid colour if you have veins or dark lids.

Product Swatch.
It has a mild milky foundation scent (which I despise) but you can only smell it if you SMELL it. I gagged a bit lol.

It's very light and sturdy, and quite travel-friendly.

With this primer, my eyeshadows stay crease-free for 5-6 hours *It lasted my whole Miri trip, that's about 12 hours!! NO CREASING* Mind you, my eyelids are super oily!
This isn't heavy duty like my HG but for a cheap primer, THAT IS GOOD.

Heck, even in airconditioned rooms it can last about 8 hours!

Used Sleek's Au Naturel in 'Noir'.
I piled on for the without primer :/ it was bad.

For a skin-tone base, this is my favourite by far.
It beats UD's 'Eden' and also my M.A.C Paint Pot in 'Soft Ochre'.
Heck, this lasts longer than the Maybelline Color Tattoo >_>; maybe the colours I opened are just BAD.

I love to use my Paint Pot with this, just to add a bit more oomph.

While I was cleaning my wrist, I actually had to add a bit of force to remove the swatch with the primer!! It got a bit red.

---

Anyway~

PROS:

-Super affordable.
-Locally available.
-Eyeshadow stays crease-free for 5-6 hours (even 8 hours)
-Blends easily, doesn't tug on the skin (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, EDEN!!)
-Comparable to more pricy brands.
-Has a good applicator.
-Eyeshadow colours pop more.
-Travel friendly.
-Evens out eyelid colour.

CONS:

-Only available at Paloma.
-Cheaper abroad.
-May not suit some eyelids.
-May not be available readily some places.
-Some may find applicator to not be hygienic.
-Product can separate.


Rating: 5/5 (Love this product, okay? It shits over other raved products and it's freakin' affordable)

Will I buy this again?

HECK YES. With all my heart, I'd sell my Eden and get 5-6 more of these LOL.

Do I recommend this?

This is the tricky part. People I know don't really like this product XD; so I dunno!! Yes, if you don't mind shelling out a bit of money (Just a fraction of other primer prices). Eyelids differ though.

Where can you find this?

Locally, you can find it at Paloma :D
Abroad, maybe drugstores. You can even find it online, I believe.

---

I hope you find this helpful!
If you've tried the product, do you love it? Do you hate it?

Tell me in the comments below :D
How much is it in your country?


'til then, take care!!

-Nisah-

9 comments:

  1. I use this as well for my eyeshadow base. 1st time I was hooked straight away. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Been searching for a cheaper eyeshadow base to replace my Holy Grail Lorac eyeshadow primer. Gonna give this one a try. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanna try out Lorac! Been hearing a lot of good things about it.
      I thought L'oreal has an eye primer but I've never seen it.

      At least, I think, this base won't break the bank a lot when you just wanna give it a try.

      I hope it works out well :) and if not, here's to hoping there are other alternatives~

      Delete
    2. You should try Lorac, the Lorac Pro Palette is amazing, works really well with the primer. :) Yeah heard about the L'oreal one but can't find it here. I am not even sure if the Essence one is available here too. I really am hoping I could find other alternatives as the Lorac one is too pricey for me. Which do you think performs better, the ELF one or this one?

      Delete
    3. I know it is ( ;w; ) mattes and shimmers in one palette!
      But I have a lot of neutrals (dammit, even tempted to get more) and Lorac, being quite hard to get online is a bit of a pickle.

      I think both primers work well. It depends on what appeals to you more.

      If you like to even out your lids, go with essence.
      If you're fine with it being a clear primer, the e.l.f one.

      But hey, if you're gonna order from MUA, maybe try out their primers? I've heard great things about them (they were in my lost order u.u; so sad)

      Other than that, maybe the NYX shadow bases would be another alternative? It's available at Sephora, right? It's a lot cheaper than theBalm and UD.

      Delete
  3. going to give it a try because of your review. you opened up my eyes

    ReplyDelete
  4. This primer looks awesome!! I think my drugstore may sell some essence products. I am not sure x.x but I will definitely check. I have never used eye primers before, but I have been searching around lately. They are all so expensive >.<

    This was a great review! Next time I stop by the drug store I will definitely look around for this ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rotate my primers or cream eyeshadows a lot, it's hard to figure out which ones I like best haha.

      I'm sure the drugstore would have some primers. Catrice has one too! But it's 1ml less than this one.

      Thanks, Rei :D hopefully you'll like it ( ;w; ) it's a hit and miss!

      Delete
  5. I don't use primers but this looks interesting ^^ Thanks for the review, Im happy to read that it blends well too!!


    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)