Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Power of Makeup Part 1: Simple Makeup

Hey :)

I'm actually supposed to be sleeping but heck, I figured why not.
I spent the whole day cleaning Shyla's cage, then cleaning my bathroom (coz it got all dirty with the drilling work and stuff) and now my room.

Am I a cleaning freak? No. It just calms me down. Especially when I have anxiety.

Anyway, that's not the point I wanna make.

I had this thought so randomly appear tonight.

The Power of Makeup, on me.

I wouldn't say I'm naturally pretty, especially since when I am at home, I always look like a very plain person. That will be revealed at the end of this post lol.

I could care less on how I look like at home. I always have my hair pulled back with a headband and I either braid it or put it in a bun or clip. I mean, what are the chances of people coming over, right? lol. Plus I need to tend to my Princess. My fussy Princess Shyla. I can't look dolled up when I clean cat poo. No.

I don't have that need lol.

Even going to uni, I sometimes feel okay to look like a plain person with no fashion sense. Sure, I still have some scarring I need to cover and stuff but at least it's not as bad as before. The only tiring part of my routine nowadays are my brows. Having to fill them in every time I go out just because I over-shaved them LOL.

Anyway, the pics I will post will follow a chronological order of when I went to KK until yesterday.

I don't take photos of myself everyday LOL. Just my cat. Who is so pretty now ( ;A; )

Tried so hard to capture her pretty eyes but I failed...
She hates posing D:
This was a lucky shot because she quickly ran away after that.

Her fur is so soft hehehe. I just bathed her the other day.

ANYWAY.


 Here's a photo of me when I reached Le Meridien Hotel!

I honestly miss my reddish-pink tinged hair D: 
For this, I think I only lined my eyes a little, covered my face with an uberly whitish BB Cream and filled in my brows. I lined my eyes in the car. So pro eh? LOL

Simple, simple makeup but makes such a difference.

Next:

No more reddish tinge (le crey)
This was taken on the way to celebrate SJ's birthday.
She commented I looked old here.

Which I agreed. I used eyebrow mascara on my brows and well, it gave me a weird effect instead of a youthful look. Plus the way I lined my eyes....not very nice D:

I tried doing a cat-eye shape and well, it's not flattering.

I used blush too. I guess this was full faced makeup.

Okay, next!

Taken at Giant. After big Family Dinner.
This was after my stay at Empire Hotel.

I just covered my face with mousse foundation I think and did my brows. That's about it.

Still. makes much of a difference lol.
I don't think I even bothered with my eyes.

And now, for my recent outing on Tuesday with my friends.

With my grey lenses. Painful but pretty.
Lined my eyes with blue eyeliner, and did very very neutral shadows. Did my brows thin and yeah, that's about it lol. Used Revlon Kissable Lipbalm Stain and Etude House Roll Roll Gloss in 'Chai Latte' for the lips.

This is my go-to look nowadays if I'm wearing my lenses out. The blue eyeliner is so waterproof I wanna make a review of it soon! On the same day, something bad happened that made me cry like hell and it stayed put. No smudging at all. Even taking it off with a makeup remover took time!!!


And now.....

For the bare-faced look....

*drumroll*

EEEEK!!!

Smoothened the pic a bit but that's about it lol. 
Yes, I'm ugly without makeup.
Well, or rather, plain because I like my eyes lol.

And lips. If you cover my brows and nose, I look decent lol.
Took this pic from the most unflattering angle too!

So yeah.

That's the power of makeup for me.

But I'm getting lazier and lazier nowadays to put on makeup, let alone eye makeup...I just need to make sure my more noticeable scars are covered and have my bangs in front and I'm set.

The bangs make such a difference.

So you see, I don't like it when people who just see my pics assume I'm pretty, because I'm not.

There are filters, there are angles, there are ways to make yourself look pretty.

So yeah, in my mind, I don't like it when people expect me to look like my pics in real life because that's not how I look like lol.

Am I happier in my own skin now? Yes. But my past acne scars still haunt me.

I think for uni makeup, all I'll ever bother with is base makeup if I can help it lol.

But I'll never have my hair like this outside unless I'm with makeup lol.


So yeah, this is my normal bare-faced look.

So men, boys, guys out there.
Here's my face without makeup.

So don't expect me to look like a doll in reality all the time.

This Plain Jane, is what you'll get LOL.


So yeah, do you look very different without makeup?

Or do you look the same? Just enhanced your features?


Do share!


Okay then. I'm sleepy now.

Goodnight everyone!
Take care!

-Nisah-

EDITED: I used the word 'hobo' because my sis calls me that when I dress very badly. So I tend to associate it with how my plain look is. Hobo-like. But in reality, it's far from it I guess. More like very plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)