Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I Killed Myself

By cutting my hair.

They say the life of a woman lies on their hair.
The length of their hair. The health, the shine, etc.

It's our crown.
So I cut it.

In a sense, I "killed" myself.

It wasn't a drastic cut like I did before. I had a breakdown and I just chopped off most of my hair back then.

Today, when I did it, I just felt very down and depressed.

I wanted an asymmetrical cut and yeah, I got it.

Snip. Snip. Snip.
Yeah, I could say that I barely felt anything as I cut my hair. I kept it long for a reason.

I wanted to keep my bangs long but then I just decided to cut it.

SNIP.
I look dead, don't I?
I feel dead.


Now, that made me younger a bit. Yeah?



All the breaking down is good.

No. It's not. I'm joking.



I nearly poked my eye with the scissors today.

I feel like part of the burden is gone.
But another one came up.


Do YOU cut your own hair for fun? Or to release stress/tension/depression?


Take care.
Do join my giveaway if you haven't. It ends in a few days.

-Nisah-

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I found this post of yours inspirational :) You are not alone in this. I also cut my hair super short like a boy whenever I feel depressed or stressed out. And it is true, most women do think of their hair as their 'crowning glory'. But cutting it short is so liberating (To me that is, haha) And you're new haircut actually makes you look younger :3 hehe <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been procrastinating on cutting it for months. It's a relief to finally do it. Listening to the sound of my hair being snipped was therapeutic. I was scared of overcutting it but it ended up fine.

      I miss my short boyish hair. Been years since I last had it.

      Who knows if i'll cut it short again :)

      It IS liberating. Hair grows, that's what I always want to remember when I cut my hair.

      It'll still grow.

      And thanks :)

      Delete

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)