Thursday, February 7, 2013

Wow, February...Just WOW.

Okay, here's the deal.

You see, my experiences with online shopping has been 90% pleasant. 
10% is missing. You wonder why? 

It's because of my brother's lack of responsibility in asking for a refund for a product that was lost in the mail. This was last year, FEBRUARY, too.
I still want to believe it'll magically appear one day, this year. But pssh, that's just an empty dream.

Anyway, due to me having university now, the only person I can rely on to pick up some parcels is my dad. He's a sweetheart for doing that. Really, for this matter, I can't blame him at all. So today, as usual, he picked up a parcel for me while I attended uni.

Me and my sis were anticipating this one parcel for the longest time. It was my first time ordering from this place, they packed everything very fast. We waited. They sent it on the 20th of January. It arrived on the 4th of February. Or so they want us to believe. 'They', here, refers to the Post Office.

And so, my dad came home, he brought the parcel. It was opened, as to be expected, since we have to open them in front of the Customs at the Post Office. However, when I pulled the stuff out, we realized, me and my sister, that this parcel doesn't seem right.

"Dad, how come there's only two dresses? Where are the necklaces?" I asked, my sis frantically looking for her necklaces.

"What?! I didn't know that. When they handed it to me, it was already open."

Everything just died down around me.
The parcel, was opened.

The parcel....was OPENED.

I asked my dad again. Surely there's a mistake right??

"...are you sure? Did they say they received it like this?" I asked him, voice getting louder.

"When they gave it to me, I asked them 'Why is this parcel opened?', but they just ignored me." He explained.

I looked at my sister, rage just boiled.

THIS. MEANS. WAR.

I ran up to my room, took out my laptop, loaded the website I ordered from and opened live chat customer service.

I wanted to know, I needed to know if they sent it all in one parcel.

After a while of chatting, we found out that they only delivered one parcel. Everything was sent already.

We told them the parcel was prematurely opened.
We could not find the necklaces, and some of the accessories from my costume dress was missing.

They told us to take photos, we did. And then we were referred to a person under Customer Tech.
After a while of checking, they reaffirmed that they sent it all in one parcel. The person even told us to check the pockets, but trust me, I looked. I burned HOLES into the parcel with my eyes.

There was nothing.

Nothing at all.

Out of the 8 items, 6 were missing.

The thing with this is that the parcel ACTUALLY arrived, it got to my hands but items were missing.

It was not missing, whatsoever.

They told us to take photos, and after a while, they concluded that someone must have opened my parcel and took some things.

I then turned to talk to my father again, and he explained to me that the person in charge of giving us the parcels actually KNEW the parcel was opened.

How?

Because before he handed it to my dad, one of the dresses slipped out and he put it back in.
He PUT it back in.

He must have been blind or super oblivious.

He did not even explain to my dad what happened.
Whether it was received like that or someone who's a kleptomaniac who happens to work in the Post Office decided to pry the parcel open and take these things out.

Seriously, don't they take oaths or something?

The thing is, it might even be cargo people. Heck, it might even be outside post offices' job BUT tell me why, Brunei Post Office...

WHY did you not say anything about the fucking prematurely opened parcel???

WHY????

MY DAD FUCKING ASKED AND YOU IGNORED HIM.

I was so outraged.

I ranted. Of course I ranted.

Then I found out that the Bandar Post Office does that often. They would often open our parcels without our permission. So, do they re-seal the parcels then? Because all this time, none of my parcels were ever opened. Ever.

We were given the choice of opening the package in front of the Customs Officers.

I asked my brother and found out that the Post Office would only open packages or parcels that they are allowed to, like supplements, medicines and whatnot.

So whose grubby hands opened my parcel?

It's supposed to contain 2 dresses and 6 necklaces.
Are they medication? Uh, no?

Are these necklaces against the religion and country? Uh, no?
I see these necklaces sold at local shops for a lot more.

So WHERE did the necklaces go?
WHERE?


At the end of it all, I decided to write an e-mail to the newspaper.
I hope it gets published.

I feel unsafe.

Where's the trust? Where's the responsibility?


And I have to rely on this postal system to send out my prize mails?? Heck no.

This turns me off to hold international giveaways.

Maybe I can have them in the form of giftcards instead >_>

Either way, I'll try post out the prizes soon.
AND pray that the grubby kleptomaniacs won't take them and send empty parcels to the winners of my last giveaway.

SIGH.

Take care, everyone.

Sleep well.

-Nisah-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)