Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Series of Unfortunate Events (feat. Kat)

*Photos will be added later*

Okay, so like, I've been procrastinating for a few days now.
But tonight, or rather, yesterday night, I actually had something interesting to blog about. Unfortunately I didn't get to do an OOTD/N or makeup, etc. It was really last minute.

You see, my friend Kat, invited me to go see this musical thing supposedly held at JIS. She got some free tickets and I've never been to a show in a while so I wanted to go.

I was fine, UNTIL, I got a sudden fever at about 6PM on Friday.

I was like "Where the hell did this come from??"

My nose was runny, tissues were next to me, coughed, some phlegm here and there. Basically, I was just sick. So suddenly sick!

I was watching Elizabeth: The Golden Age with my sister, sniffing and sneezing.

I tried to sleep early, I had some chamomile tea. I WAS sleepy.

But then, I was so sick, it was hard to sleep. My fever was high, and my nose was killing me and then my cheeks hurt for no reason (I'm guessing from all the sneezing). I got suddenly depressed.

All I wanted was someone to talk to, but no one was available unfortunately.

I was throwing up everything I ate, it was just, bad.

But then, I've been throwing up for 2 months now. So yeah.

I ended up watching some Youtube videos.

Somehow, I did fall asleep.


I woke up to the sound of my Whatsapp. It was around 11:30am, ish.

Apparently I forgot to turn off my wi-fi.

Anyway, I immediately asked Kat if she was gonna pick me up/what was the plan.
I told her I woke up from a nightmare.

In the nightmare, I was killing people. It was kinda like Lucius (been watching the Let's Plays, I guess). It kept repeating until I killed everyone correctly, basically.

Which was weird.

I told Kat I was feverish and my chest was hurting. Basically I needed to go back to sleep.

Considering my stomach problems, I think fevers are bad. It could mean anything. Especially if it's sudden. But then, my immune system might just be very bad now. Not to mention, I've been bruising a lot for no reason.

I'm getting less fat. I'm not gonna say thinner. Just less fat. I'm planning on starting exercising again when my body can take it.

Anyway, after a discussion of things, I told her I wanted to rest so I could feel better before the actual musical.


Again, I forgot to turn off my wi-fi.

I was then awoken again by the sound of my Whatsapp.

It was Kat.

Calling out my name repeatedly.
It was around 5.30pm.

She told me to get ready.

I wasn't feeling THAT well (mostly groggy) and I had a sore throat.

I went looking for my parents to tell them I was gonna go WHEN my dad told me not to. Because I was sick.

But I wasn't feeling THAT bad.

They kept telling me not to go, just in case something bad happened to me.

In my head, all I could think of was the word: Hypocrite.


This is an event I really wanted to go to, and here they are, saying not to go because I was sick. Yes, I was sick.

But hello~ when I was having a difficult time breathing and wanted to go to the hospital, who wasn't there to send me? Yes. Them.

Hypocrite moment there.


I went against their wishes basically, silently hoping nothing bad will go wrong because, in Muslim or just Bruneian beliefs, if you disobey your parents, you get 'ketulahan', bad luck, karma etc. Basically something will go wrong.

At first I texted Kat I wasn't allowed to go. Then I said I will go anyway.

Kat was already a bit late picking me up (but I didn't mind because I was still getting ready) but yeah, she arrived around 7.25pm.

*She said I smelled yummy and that she wanted to eat me. Kat, it's Victoria's Secret "Love Spell"*

The show was supposed to start at 7.30pm.

Well, we're already late.

AND THEN.

Kat suddenly exclaimed: "SHIT!! I LEFT MY TICKETS AT HOME"


Bad Luck #1

So, we went to her house which was farrrrr from mine. We actually went to Milimewah first to get some food and drinks.

When we got to her house, she kinda dropped the tickets again lol.


Then we kinda rushed to go to JIS.

When we kinda arrived, I looked at the tickets and softly said: "Kat, it says Jerudong Amphitheatre"

There were a few street guards/patrols or whatever they're called, and we asked them about it. There WAS an event going on at JIS BUT it wasn't the performance.

Kat then asked her cousin about it and she confirmed it was at the Amphitheatre.


Bad Luck #2

Wrong place.
So, we rushed to Jerudong Park area. Not even knowing where the Amphitheatre was. We were like, an HOUR late.

We asked her cousin if her nieces already performed.

And yes, they did.

So we missed one performance from them (and a hell lot more in an hour, if you imagine)

So when we did go to the Amphitheatre, we were looking for parking. There was a slight drizzle.
We went to the wrong parking lot (dunno how to explain this part) but in the end, we kinda did park.

So yeah, we then rushed, Kat brought an umbrella which she said: "Just in case it rains heavily"


As we scurried to the place, we kinda went to the performance area LOL. So we kinda went around the toilet area where people were smoking. I hate smokers. My dad USED to smoke.

So inconsiderate. It was a family event with kids. C'mon, can you not smoke just for a few hours??

So yeah, we kept looking for seats. Kat said "Wow, they didn't even check our tickets, if I knew, I would have invited more friends". There were a lot of empty seats.

We kept migrating here and there to find the perfect seat.


When we did find the perfect seating place, Kat whispered that there was a cute White guy (Ang Moh (sp?)) she calls them. I didn't really see his face so I don't know lol.

So we sat back and watched the show.

There were really cute kids in the performance. We gushed from the cuteness.

Just a while after that, they had an intermission.
During the intermission, Kat wanted to go to the washroom while I wanted to see if they had food around.

I hadn't eaten anything, you see.

We went to a food stand.

And damn.

Bad Luck #3

Expensive food.

BND$1 for a stick of sausage? I immediately said "NO THANK YOU"

They also had three pieces of chicken wings for...something. I dunno but I wasn't interested. I wanted a burger and couldn't see one.

So, we decided to go to the washroom instead. We had some snacks (I got chocolate anyway).

At the washroom, after we did our business, Kat said something along the lines of how she was "fluffy" (don't like the word fat here lol), and there was this random White lady who just said "No, you're not fluffy!", and I just laughed "Just not toned!"

And then she said "At least you don't have cellulite!"

To which I replied, "But I do~"

Unfortunately.


But that was interesting.

So yeah, after the intermission, Kat mentioned how there are two free seats close to her cousin's area, which was closer to the stage.

So we went there.


They had these dances, all kinds, ballet, hip-hop, tap, etc. You name it, they performed it!

THEN the cutest little boys came out. They were wearing something so cute and nerdy and were performing hip-hop if I'm not mistaken.

It was sooooo cute.

Me and Kat both claimed a little Chinese boy with glasses as ours lol.

Then more cuteness ensues and some other stuff.


Halfway, Kat realized we were sitting at the seats reserved for parents (which I realized earlier on, just didn't mention) and then we kinda just went along with it.

I had a kind of longing for a child then.



....let's get back on track.


So yeah, after a while, more songs from Musicals that I know were playing. Which was kind of exciting. I never knew my knowledge on Musicals were that big. Well, not big but I didn't know I was kinda knowledgeable about it.

I didn't expect a dance performance. I expected a real musical actually. But maybe that happened and I just missed it.


As the show progressed, it started raining heavily. With thunder and lightning. I kinda prayed it would go away when the show ends.

But unfortunately, it didn't.


So by the end of the performance, we decided to go earlier. I think it was around 10.30pm by then.

As we went under the rain, one thing immediately came to mind.

My flats.

My favourite flats.

They were gonna die.



I kinda told Kat that. I decided to wear flats because heels would just slow me down but damn, it was raining heavily!!

When we reached the car area, we realized that it flooded.

Well, kinda.

I already said my peace to my shoes and just hurried on. Water was entering my poor flats, my feet got wet, it was getting wetter as we proceeded.


And then...

Bad Luck #4

Water. WATER EVERYWHERE.


When we got to the place we parked at, we realized that the road was so uneven, my legs got soaked. It was a puddle that reached about 20-30cm? Basically it also soaked my jeans.


My flats were already dead.


So yeah, we were on our way home. Chatted and stuff.

By the time we reached my house, I found out another thing as I turned to pay Kat for the food.



CHOCOLATES.

CHOCOLATES EVERYWHERE IN MY BAG.

CHOCOLATE MASSACRE.


Bad Luck #5

I was devastated.

It stained the bag, my wallet...and later I found out, also my lip butter.


Came home, to my parents' worried faces.

Found out there was no food waiting for me.

Bad Luck #6


So yeah, sigh.

It was an adventure really.



I tried my best to clean my bag, clean my room, chatted with a few friends and here I am, still awake at 3.51am.

With a stomach ache and I might throw up.


But yeah, so, what did this outing tell me?

Is the so-called 'ketulahan' real?


Guesso.

What do you think?



Had fun though :) really like my "dates" with Kat.

So adventure-ific.

So I'll end this here and maybe I'll add some photos and videos later.


Goodnight (I guess)

Take care :D


-Nisah-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)