Saturday, November 3, 2012

Unnecessary Drama (Haul)

Tonight I had the opportunity to go to The Mall after a long time of not going. My family aren't really fans of the place so yeah. Initially, I wanted to top-up my cash card so I could buy something from sasa.com BUT I decided not to (it was too late anyway, and I might end up having to get things I don't need +hypocrite moment here+) and the money went elsewhere.

It was raining heavily by the way, and the traffic. Gosh. Luckily dad didn't go all complaining and stuff. I sat at the backseat of the back. lol. I didn't have time to doll-up much, just simple makeup. Got to use my new makeup though :D so win~

We went to Hot Point first. I think it was the first time for my bro-in-law to go there. I might be wrong. I have bittersweet feelings about the place, but hey, the food is good so memories don't matter I guess. It was dad's treat!

This is what I had:

Pina Colada Smoothie
This was really good! I definitely recommend this BUT what's up with the absence of a real pineapple? Boring!! And my sis took the cherry because last time I took hers at Swensen's!

Grilled Teriyaki Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
My new favourite :D It's really good!! The caramelised onions, YUM. It's like having two sauces so yeah!

Photowonder-ed the photos because the place was dark! And my front camera sucks D:

Tried to show off my new contacts here.
I hate how the face looks shopped when it's not  LOL
With annoying sis.
What I'm wearing (that you unfortunately can't see):
Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti, theBalm Batter Up Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in 'Base Hit Kit', theBalm ShadyLady in 'Mischievous Marissa', SkinFood Peach Sake BB Cream, TheFaceShop Perfect  Stick Concealer #2 and theBalm Sexy Mama Translucent Powder.

The translucent powder was a bit tricky to use. If anyone knows how to use it properly, do tell me. I don't this my brush picks up anything o.o or maybe it did. I don't know!!

After a nice dinner, I went hunting for Marina's 'Electra Heart' album again.
No such luck :(

I might have to order it online.

Honestly, I only went to Paloma to check if they had e.l.f's Mineral Lipstick in stock but they didn't. Might have been expensive anyway lol. I tried my sister's 'Fiery Fushia' and I liked the formula so yeah.

Instead...I saw that essence had a promotion. Or rather, I was just checking and then asked, THEN I found out about the promotion lol.

So yeah, I decided to take advantage of the promotion. It was buy essence cosmetics worth BND30 and you can get a free small brush set. To be honest, the brush set is no big deal but it's tiny enough to bring around :)

essence haul~
I looked up online to see how much the price is marked up here. Some are reasonably priced, some are well, meh. Especially the cream shadows.

I would have gotten more but I decided to limit myself to what....is limited. I do...plan on getting a bronzer in the future. Future might be soon though lol.

Anyway, here's the breakdown:

This is in 'Coppy Right'
This is in 'It's Magic'
If these don't crease on me when I wear it alone like theBalm, it's like ooh-la-la for me. But I think it will, we'll see :) It's Magic seems like a nice dupe for 'Base Hit Kit'. At first glance.



Do I really need another concealer? Not really. However, this is more compact than my 20 colour concealer :) so if it works just the same, what's there to lose? 

An eyeshadow base. 
4ml? Really? It looks like it carries more product than my 5ml e.l.f eyeshadow primer though.
Again, do I need another eyeshadow base? Not really.
But again, can't hurt to try! But I won't be using this anytime soon.

Super creamy eyeliners!
These glide on oh-so-smoothly for the price. I don't think it's smudge-proof BUT I think it might be great for tightlining the lower an upper lashlines.

And this is where the drama was caused.

Apparently, the saleslady forgot to put in the white eyeliner. I only checked when I was in the car because everyone said they wanted to go home soon. I also didn't think of checking at first because I didn't want to waste time either.

It was while in the car (while at the parking lot, thank goodness) that I noticed I'm missing one item. I told my family. I re-checked it to be sure.

That's when they all started blaming me.
Like...

"Why didn't you check earlier? You're so clumsy! This is such a waste of time, etc."

When my dad asked me to check again, I actually shouted at him that I did.

The bad thing is, also, I was at the back, back seat. So I asked my sisters if they'd go fetch it.
But nooooo, they're like "They won't believe us, they'd only recognize you, blablabla."

WELL, HELLOOOOOO.

That's what receipts are for!! D:
I worked in a shop once, receipts are there for a reason. Receipt copies are there for a reason.

I was wearing my wedges too so moving fast is a bit hard.

I actually screamed at my mom when she told me to bring the whole plastic bag. That caused my lipstick to drop onto the road.

Thankfully, it didn't break.

So yeah, I rushed upstairs, pretty sure everyone was side-stepping me because I looked furious and well, unfriendly.

I have anger issues. Definitely.
I think I should take a management class?

Should ask my psychiatrist about that.

Did I act unreasonably? Yes.
But they also PROVOKED me. My sisters especially.

Was it my fault? No. It was the saleslady.
They all apologized. So that's okay.

If they had my number I guess probably, they would have texted.
So yeah, I'm gonna apply for a membership next time. I guess.
I dunno.

It wouldn't hurt.

Do I feel bad for acting like that?
Yes, I do.

But I only mentioned my displeasure to my dad.

That it was unfair they all ganged up on me.

I feel bad, okay. I do.
Especially since then I realized my bro-in-law was still recovering from his surgery.

But honestly though, I think my sisters just hate me.

For whatever reason.

'In The Nude'. Thankfully it didn't break, considering it's made of plastic.
Free brush set.
The brush set is cute, but that's about it.

It was an incentive to try out new makeup I guess.

I would definitely try out the other cosmetics they have. Probably ask my friend to get them for me in the US for slightly cheaper XD

So yeah, that was last night.


Sigh.

I was a lot happier these days too :(
It's not fair.


It's really not fair.


But I'm sure I'll get my happiness again.
In one way or another.

Goodnight then :D

Take care, everyone!

-Nisah-

P.S: Join my giveaway :D It's nothing much, but the more, the merrier!!

This always happens btw. Swatch-erific!

6 comments:

  1. There was nothing wrong in showing displeasure, especially when you paid for the things. On the other hand, keeping to yourself is unhealthy. Definitely let your family know how you felt when they behaved in such a manner, especially if you're under antids?

    Would love to see a tutorial using circus :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the difficult part :( articulating the things that bother me and such. My parents are trying but my siblings, so far, are only just meh about the whole thing. I also ran out of my meds. Took the last one last night.

      I'll have to ask my psychiatrist how to deal with my family.

      I'd love to do a tutorial XD
      I need to check the wearability of it first though :)

      Thanks for taking the time to comment :)

      Delete
  2. Relationships with siblings can be a love-hate thing. It'll get better I'm sure <3333

    What antids are you on, if you don't mind sharing? Make sure your antids last till your next scheduled appointment. Meantime, do the things you like and spend time with people who make you smile.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be on Luvox but now I'm on Sertraline.

      My next appointment is on the 8th I believe.
      I've been making music :) writing lyrics and such. Feels good when I'm productive.

      I don't go out much nowadays, maybe once a week I believe.

      But yeah, I wished my siblings realize that I'm on medication.

      Thanks again :)

      Delete
  3. the eyeshadow base sucks big time... macam concealer ada jua o.o but I don't like it lah, idk if it works on you plg. have you tried it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it. When I first saw it I though it was a concealer o.o but then Skinfood's concealer worked as a base for me, so maybe it'd work.

      My all-time fave base right now is the Base Hit Kit. Really doesn't crease. I tried the It's Magic cream shadow, it also didn't crease (but I haven't tried it long enough like Base Hit Kit).

      I'll see if it works on me in the future, the base lol

      Delete

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)