Saturday, April 12, 2014

1st Impressions: Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Palette = Naked 3 Dupe

My brother just came back from the UK :D
And he brought with him something I asked him to order while he was there on holiday...

Makeup Revolution 's dupe for Urban Decay's Naked 3!
It's called Iconic 3 and it's £4!


Iconic 3


I was honestly undecided about getting N3 or not...it's like BND80-100, depending on where you get it (yes, I have a sister in the US but I don't think I'd gamble on something that costs more than BND50 that I can't swatch myself) so when I started seeing this palette pop up on my Bloglovin' (well, one post) I decided to get it.

I like how the shadows look like, looks classy. Looks similar to the layout of the Naked palettes, so it's much more appealing to me. The eyeshadows are 14g!! MUA's are 9.4g.

*goes to UD's site*

HOLD ON.

Do you see what I'm seeing?

Seriously?

They increased the price?

AGAIN?

*edit: went to Ulta's site and saw that it's still the same price there*


It was USD52 for a while (they used to be USD50 if you still remember), and now it's USD54?


Uh. Nope.

No way. Not even gonna think about it anymore.
I'm no longer curious.

I hate the packaging anyway :/


Anyway~

Here's some quick swatches of the Iconic 3!

You can zoom in if you wanna see clearer :)
I swatched the dupe for Strange and Nooner twice, but the rest are one swatch. Without primer too, btw.

I am in LOVE with Trick's dupe. I think some colours are not so similar but I can work with this.

I am happy with this!

AND IT'S AFFORDABLE!! ARGHHHH!

SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT MORE EVEN THOUGH I DON'T NEED IT.




Phew.

I'm half angry at the price increase (yet again) considering a lot of complaints are made about the quality being not up to par with the old palettes.


Anyway, happy shopping ;D

Here's the link to their FB and the palette:

Makeup Revolution FB
- Get the Iconic 3


I will do an in-depth review soon I guess :3

I'm really excited that my expectations are met, especially since I could only rely on bloggers.


'til then, take care!

-Nisah-

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to get a naked palette, especially because of all the classic colours >< It's so annoying to have to carry around a whole bunch of quads each with one neutral colour. But naked is so expensive QwQ I am sososo happy you found this!~ I am definitely going to look into it ~(^O^)~ Is this the only naked dupe they have? Or do they have other ones too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely have other dupes :D at the same price too! I think so far, I don't have the Naked 1 in any shape or form (used to have the MUA dupe, but sold it to a friend since I didn't wanna open it lol) but I think Makeup Revolution's dupe is quite nice, as the matte ones show up and blend quite nicely!

      I've been using this everyday XD

      Delete

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)