Thursday, October 31, 2013

Review: Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick

Hi guys, sorry I haven't kept my promises of reviews ( >_<; )
But here I am today with a review of Revlon's Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick!

Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipsticks.
I have them in the shades 002 Pink Pout, 003 Mauve it Over and 006 Really Red.
To be honest though, 'Mauve it Over' and 'Really Red' belongs to my older sister. She's the one who was like, "Here, go ahead and review them!" and I was like "Okay."

When I looked up the number of shades, I was kind of confused.
But first thing's first:

Notice anything weird in the first pic?
Can you see it?

The middle label is different than the other two.
Really Red was made in 2011 and the other two were from 2010.

HM.
I don't think it matters much.

Anyway, for the shades, I counted there to be 9 shades on the Revlon website.
But it seems like originally it had 11 shades.

Do inform me in the comments if you know anything about it.

I like how the shade names are clear here.
The packaging itself also has a clear top so you can look at it.
These stickers aren't true to life though, as they can fade with time.
These lipsticks contain 4.2g of product, and are about BND16+ at your local Guardian stores.
I don't think all shades are available locally though, because 'Nude Attitude' is missing.
I've never actually seen it. Ever.

Gorgeous Shades!
From left to right: Pink Pout, Mauve it Over, Really Red.
Anyway, what do I think of these lippies?

...I actually quite like them.

For drugstore quality, you can't go wrong with Revlon.
They have beautiful packaging, almost similar to some higher end ones and they don't look cheap.

On the lips, I don't find them drying.
Shade 003 and 006 both don't accentuate the lines and don't settle in them either, which is a huge plus.
Unfortunately, 002 kind of does. Just a little.

Before I wear these matte lipsticks though, I always condition them and make sure I don't have chapped lips. These do not hydrate, so definitely use them with a balm or top it with lipgloss (although that defeats the purpose of matte lipsticks!)

Pink Pout applies slightly patchy but it's nothing slight blending won't fix. The colour is also a bit too 'cool' on me and it's not flattering. I usually try to add another colour to make it work.

Really Red is tricky to apply, as with all red lipsticks. This colour makes my teeth look bright!

- I found Mauve it Over to be the easiest one to work with in both application and colour. It glides on well and it looks beautiful. It's like a 'my lips but better' on me. Nothing too nude.


PROS:

- Locally available.
- Has a range of colours for all skintones.
- The colours apply true to colour.
- Applies quite well, no noticeable tugging.
- Not drying.
- No crayon scent (YAY!)
- Simple, classy packaging.
- Contains more product than some high-end lipsticks.

CONS:

- Works best on exfoliated and conditioned lips.
- Some colours apply patchily.
- It's pricier compared to the US. It doesn't fall under affordable.
- Not all shades are available locally.
- Not transfer resistant.


Rating: 5/5 (Definitely one of the best matte drugstore lipsticks out there. Well, I haven't tried Maybelline's though!)

Will I buy this again?

YES! I would definitely buy Mauve it Over for myself! I am also eyeing Smoked Peach.

Do I recommend this?

If you like matte finishes, do try it out :D

Where can you buy this?

At Guardian Pharmacy, and maybe Winmark? I don't remember if they carry Revlon or some other brand. Definitely get it during a sale though ;)

---

Hope you find this review helpful!

Do leave a comment if you've tried this before!

'til then, take care!

-Nisah-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)