Friday, May 3, 2013

Favourite Products: April 2013

Hello there~

It's time for another favourites post!
In this post, I'll have a quick review of everything. Should something needs an in-depth review, I will note it down~

As usual I'll start with lip products!

1)
Sasatinnie Dolly Lip Smoothie in '05 Green Apple'
I'm running out of my Baby Lips so I turned to this product. This is not tinted, moisturises well and I'm having a hard time finishing it! Even though it moisturises, I'm not a fan of the scent. I'd prefer it without the scent. I don't think it smells like green apples at all. It smells like...hand soap. So yeah, hand soap on the lips, not so pleasant. I don't like the packaging though, it kinda cracked. At least it does its job well.

2)
essence Ready For Boarding Lip & Cheek Creme in '02 beauty on tour'
Even though its a dual purpose cream product, I only use it on my cheeks. I'm not sure if it'd look good on the lips because of the consistency but then again, I haven't tried. This product is a lot more emollient than the sasatinnie cream blush and on the cheeks, it looks like a dolly flush. It lasts quite well on the cheeks and doesn't fade at all. It smells fruity. It also blends quite easily.

3)
Etude House Look at My Eyes in 'Milk Cocoa' and 'Lemon Sherbet'
These are my go-to eyeshadows when I don't feel like mixing and matching. Over a base, I have the yellow all over my eyelids and then the brown on the outer corner. Simple and clean, gives a nice subtle smokey look if I used a heavier hand with the brown. 'Milk Cocoa' is a lovely and pigmented chocolate-y colour with gold shimmers. A little goes a long way with this one. 'Lemon Sherbet' on the other hand, is quite sheer but build-able. You'd need a strong base to keep this vibrant.

4)
Tony Moly Matte Eyeshadow in '14 Cappuccino'
This is a good crease colour. Smooth, build-able and for a matte colour, it's quite pigmented. Well, over my brown-ish skin, it is, anyway. It looks yummy too. I think you can use it to contour your nose too if you have fairer skin. I find it nice that Tony Moly has nice matte colours when Etude House usually has more shimmer. I usually pair this with any eyeshadow.

5)
The Skin Shop Recovery Solution Cream Natural Care System
Since I ran out my Papaya Gel Moisturiser, I had nothing that works just as well. I used this before but back then my acne was so evident, I didn't think it helped. As for this, I need to use a light hand to make sure I didn't apply too much and end up clogging my pores. Does it help with healing my acne scars? Perhaps. Maybe, maybe not but I do like it. Plus, it has a nice scent. It's not very moisturising though, since my cheeks are generally quite dry and flaky. I like it, I do use it a lot, but it's not my holy grail. Plus, on normal days, this is friggin' expensive.

6)
essence Pure Skin natural cover moisturiser in 'Lighter Skin'
Apparently it's a 3 in 1 product for 'perfect skin', it 'fights spots & blackheads', 'gives a flawless complexion' and is 'mattifying & oil-free'. This is a good product, it helps even out the skin. I don't need powder to set it because it dries matte. The colour matches well with my skin, it's cheap, and it works. However, it's quite sheer and you do need concealer to hide dark scars. The only thing I loathe about it is that if you apply with your hand, it kinda sticks to your fingers. I haven't tried applying it with a brush or a sponge though. If I don't feel like wearing BB Cream or foundation, I reach out for this. Oh btw, it's very light on the skin. I can barely feel it.

7)
Tony Moly Fresh Aqua Cooling 24 Eyes Stick
I did a review of this here if you're interested. I like this product a lot and I saw a similar product from Etude House, and it was 4 bucks more than the price of this so I dunno if I'd want to try that. I like this because it de-puffs my eyebags after I cry. It's just nice to apply when your eyes are tired.

Here are the swatches for the three eyeshadows and the cream blush:

- 02 beauty on tour
- 14 Cappuccino
- YL02 Lemon Sherbet
- BR01 Milk Cocoa
--

That's it for my April Favourites :D
This time I didn't have a lot which is good I guess.
If there're any products you'd like me to do an in-depth review, leave it in the comments!

So, do share your April Favourites in the comment below!

Have you tried any of these products?

Leave a link to your favourites post, I'd love to look at them!


Cheerio, take care then!

-Nisah-

5 comments:

  1. It's too bad that the lip balm didn't smell like green apples : / It's weird how it smells like hand soap when it says "Green Apple" on the packaging o-o;; I really like the cappuccino colour btw (-'w'-)b

    It seems like you have a lot of products available to you that aren't in Canada ^o^ I know of Etude House, but it is not sold here >3<

    ~Rei

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Korean products are the rage here I tell you!!
      I can't find any Japanese brands though, well, the drugstore kind. I can find them in the neighbouring city though, which is just 2 hours away so it's fine~

      Plus usually it's cheaper there.

      I think we have most of the popular outlets from Korea here: SkinFood, TheFaceShop, Etude House, Tony Moly, Missha and Skin79. Plus, two well known beauty shops also carry smaller but popular brands like Clio, PeriPeri, Baviphat and The Skin Shop!!

      There's a lot but not gonna say everything is marked up well. Some are reasonable, some are just way overpriced!


      What brands are available in Canada (the Korean or Japanese ones)?

      Delete
    2. We have almost no Japanese or Korean brands at all o-o I think it is because I live in North America. I know we have Shiseido... but that is a high end brand x.x I don't recall ever seeing an asian brand at the drug store (>3<) The only BB creams I have access to are from companies like Loreal and Garnier Q.Q One of these days I will have to buy some Skin79 BB cream online. Our BB creams are more like tinted moisturizers =3=

      Delete
  2. im inetersted on that essence blush. can i know the price? oh yeahh most of the product are from essence, memang suka essecne punya product ye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how much it was~ I think it was around BND3.90~5.90? But not over that, definitely. It was part of the travel line. Limited edition I think :O they had two shades.

      Delete

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)