Thursday, December 13, 2012

My Recent Song Covers...

Recently I felt like covering some new songs. I am working on my original stuff too but it's hard to decide which ones I really want to work with all the drafts I have. I write mostly English songs nowadays. I have some Japanese ones too but yeah, my Japanese is really rusty so yeah.

I recorded a cover of Taylor Swift's song, 'RED', last night. I empathised with my lil' sis' situation (though now it's okay) and then I started listening to the song more.

And then, I found out there's a piano version of the instrumental and I fell in love with it.

It's more mellow.
Much more emotional I guess.

And then BAM, this is what I came up with:


It's not my best vocal work (didn't warm up and stuff, but to be fair, I never warm up). I like it if the song I cover has that....raw quality. Sounds live? I guess.

This song was hard, vocal timing wise. I can't imagine covering the original version.

I love the lyrics, especially the chorus I guess:

"Losing him was blue like I'd never known
Missing him was dark grey all alone
Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you never met
But loving him was red
Loving him was red"

I actually wanna dye my hair red. Not because of this song, LOL. I've always wanted to dye my hair red.

Though vibrant red won't look good for university I guess.
I also covered one of my favourite songs from Marina:


This was a fail lip-syncing for fun XD
"How to Be a Heartbreaker".

I don't want to break anyone's hearts, but I can relate. Of course, if possible, I don't want to feel heartbreak again. To me, just once is enough.


I recorded Lies because I felt so depressed. I felt like breaking down. But recording helped me keep myself composed.

My favourite lyrics:

You're too proud to say that you've made a mistake
You're a coward to the end
I don't wanna admit, but we're not gonna fit
No, I'm not the type that you like
Why don't we just pretend?

This song was tricky.
Marina did such a good work on it, it seems so bad. LOL.
My mixing skills aren't getting better :/

I think, of all of them, my favourite cover is either HtBaH or RED.

RED sounds so unpolished though, and the latter had a bad instrumental.

But yeah.


Yesterday, I bought this game called 'Don't Starve'.

Can't wait to play it :D

I gifted a code to my friend and she's enjoying it!!


Okay then, it's late and I should be sleeping!!

Take care, stay safe!

Good day/night!

-Nisah-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)