Monday, October 24, 2011

Hi! (...and a bad review)

Hello, and welcome to my new blog! My name's Nisah and as much as I love writing, I can't seem to be a very consistent blogger. I've had many blogs in the past but I always neglect them. Either that or I just got too depressed to update. It got too negative and such, so I abandoned them :(

But this time, fueled by reading blogs (beauty blogs, really) for the last few days, I figured: "Why not?"

I've been getting into makeup and beauty products lately and being such an impulsive buyer, I can't help but wonder if maybe my experiences and curiosity to try out things can be beneficial for others? I'm not a pro with these things, I'm still learning but there must be something that is SO bad that I have to really tell people!

I want to rant too!

Especially after buying this shampoo today: *WARNING: LONG RANT AHEAD*
'Herbal Essences: Rainforest Flowers Shimmering Colour' for Coloured/Highlighted Hair.

It looks so innocent...
 I've been contemplating on changing my shampoo for a while now, having used Sunsilk's Silky Smooth & Manageable line for a while. I've used the shampoo, the conditioner, the treatment thingy and even the leave on conditioner. It's good and I like the fragrance of it but then, probably my hair became immune to it. A few months ago, I also dyed my hair for the first time and I figured maybe this time, I should buy a shampoo that can help my newly coloured hair...and I thought today's impulse buy might be the answer.

Boy, was I wrong.

I should have listened to my heart and buy L'oreal or Asience shampoos. The former is used by my close friend and she seemed to like it. The latter was recommended by my boyfriend whose hair is sooooo smooth that I'm quite jealous of it. It's quite embarrassing being the female counterpart in the relationship and I have worse hair than him. Well, that's just my self-esteem talking. And where has my impulse buy landed me today?

Something close to Hell.

If there was a Hell for worst shampoos, this should be going straight there. I wouldn't even question its sins, I'll just kick it to the deepest pits.

It's just that bad. So bad that I have to make it my first post on my new blog.

I just need to let it out because I'm so disappointed!!!

You know what's even worse?

This is not my first bad encounter from the same brand.

A few years ago (or maybe just three or more), I bought the 'Herbal Essences: Colour Me Shiny', because that was the only one available. This was a stupid purchase of course, since my hair wasn't coloured. I never realized its bad effects on my hair until the last minute.

I used half of it up, both shampoo and conditioner and only realized how brittle and rough my hair became when it just became unbearable. I never, never thought that the shampoo was the cause, as I've always had questionable hair.

After the damage was done, I finally gave it up. Stopped using it and opted for something else.

Fast-forward to today, I thought of giving this brand another chance. My hair was coloured this time, it shouldn't be bad right?

WRONG.

I read the instructions (because I like reading the backing of products) over and over again, 'lather, massage, rinse'...it was always there. I squirted some onto my palms and into my wet hair. I started massaging, and realized that it got harder and harder to massage. My hair became tangled, my eyes bulged, I started worrying. I thought it was just my imagination but my hair became obviously brittle. I can hear hair snap, the more I massaged it. SNAP. IT SNAPPED. I looked down and saw that the hair that pooled around my feet was thrice the amount that's usual.

I got worried and read the instructions again. I don't know why but reading the instructions like a good girl, I was trying to identify what I did wrong. Nothing. I did nothing wrong!!

Worried, I just rinsed it with water. But during that time, it was just impossible. My hair was already damaged. I couldn't untangle it, even with my shampoo comb thingy. I just hurriedly put on the conditioner it came with. That didn't help either.

I wanted to tear up so badly because the other day, I just used olive oil to condition it and now my hair's ruined.

So now, I have my hair in olive oil again, hoping that it'll help revive it.

Please work for me...
Sigh.

The other reason why I decided to buy this brand was because when I was young, this was the shampoo me and my sisters used and it looked exactly the same...except it wasn't for coloured hair.

I really don't know if it's just the ones for colour-treated hair but I really don't want to try this shampoo again. I don't want to gamble with it anymore...

I wish the shops here have return policies but they do not. I merely made a dent to the shampoo. It still looks so brand new...

I don't know what to do with it.

Maybe I can use it to wash my paintbrushes or something but what if it damages it too? That just sucks.

This was long. Such a long rant.

Would I recommend it? No. But if it works for you, then yay.

But seriously, you f-ed my hair up Herbal Essences. BIG THUMBS DOWN.

*cries*

-Nisah-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)