Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Review: Rimmel London Stay Matte Longlasting Pressed Powder

Hi guys :)
It's been a while since I wrote another review.

Today, I have for you guys a review for the much loved...
Rimmel London Stay Matte Longlasting Pressed Powder!

Rimmel London Stay Matte Longlasting Pressed Powder
I have this in the shade '001 Transparent'.

The product claims to:

- Have up to 5 hours of natural shine control with natural minerals.
- Help minimise the appearance of pores.

This powder contains 14g of product and is housed in a plastic case with no mirror and no applicator. There are 5 or 6 other shades available, depending on where you get it from. It is made in England and should be used up within 30 months. My mom got this from Superdrug for £3.99. This powder is also dermatologically tested.


Yep. It looks like this now.

INGREDIENTS
TALC, MICA, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINERALE, PROPYLPARABEN, ZINC OXIDE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, ALOE BARBADENSIS, POLYSORBATE 20, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007).
I've been using this powder since last year and I have barely made a dent! I've used it with a fluffy brush and also with a sponge to set my makeup, or to use it as a light matte finish over sunscreen and concealer.

Barely made a dent.

Swatched on the finger, it has a light off-white hue to it, but when blended to the hand, it just disappears. The powder itself feels smooth to the touch, and quite soft.

It swatches off-white.

Swatched on the back of my hand, it just blurs out the skin a little, giving it a matte smooth finish, minimising the small fine lines on my hand.

Using it a finishing powder over my oily T-zone, I don't feel like it does prevent my makeup from budging. The shine control does NOT last up to 5 hours. Maybe on me, it lasts 2 to 3 hours, depending on what my base makeup is. It does help set my concealer quite well. It does work well as a blotting powder.

I don't experience it accentuating my dry flaky skin (from dried up acne), or accentuating the pores. It does help minimise my pore quite well when I'm not wearing a base (just sunscreen and moisturiser).


I also feel like the packaging is quite cheap. There are times where I thought I lost the cover. Bringing it around to touch up is also hard because there are no applicators (or a separate compartment for it). I do somehow feel like a mirror would be good.

For the price though, you can't go wrong. It's like you're just paying for the product itself, so that's good.

In some ways, storing this is easy due to the packaging. It IS quite compact.


Unfortunately, it just doesn't really work to control the shine :(

---

PROS:

- Affordable.
- There's a transparent shade, useful for just setting your makeup.
- Helps even out my skin-tone if I'm just using sunscreen.
- Sets concealers well.
- Very lightweight.
- Removes shine.
- Minimises pores and fine lines.
- Does not clog pores.

CONS:

- Not locally available.
- Cheap packaging.
- No mirror.
- No applicator.
- Limited shades (if you want some colour)
- Does NOT control shine for longer than 2 to 3 hours for me.
- Does not prevent my makeup base from smearing.


Rating: 3.5/5 (I enjoy using it, but I wished it was a lot better)

Will I buy this again?

Probably not, because it lasts a long time and it doesn't control my shine well.
I do have a backup though lol.

Do I recommend this?

Maybe for normal skin. I personally don't think it keeps my face matte long enough for me to recommend it.

I do prefer it over my theBalm Sexy Mama though because the texture stays smooth (will be explained when I do the review for this lol)

Where can you find this?

I'm not sure if you can buy this locally but it is available online.


---

Hopefully that was helpful!

Have you tried this? How did it work for you?

Does it help control your oil?


'til then, take care!

-Nisah-

3 comments:

  1. I have this and it is my fav pressed powder. Not that I've tried many. Hehe but yes, it doesn't last long as it claims. Sad isn't it? It would've been a great product if it can last long but then maybe our weather wont permit it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot better than some other powders (I've tried a lot lol) but I do wish it'd last longer.

      Yeah, maybe it's the weather ( ;-; ) at least it's affordable, I give it that!

      Delete
  2. It's my favorite pressed powder :) It's perfect for my skin :) But I have to agree about the packaging, it can be a bit annoying...

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)