Monday, December 2, 2013

Review: SkinFood Tomato Sun Cream SPF 36 PA++

Hi guys!
Have you checked out my latest Miri Haul? You can check it out here.

Anyway, today I have a review for you!
This is a review of SkinFood's Tomato Sun Cream with SPF 36 PA++.

Tomato Sun Cream SPF 36 PA++

PRODUCT INFORMATION
A sunscreen cream containing tomato extract rich in lycopene and various organic acids to protect skin from UV rays. It simultaneously blocks both UVA and UVB rays that cause premature aging of skin. * Use: 15-20 minutes before going outside, apply to exposed areas such as face, neck, arms and legs, avoiding eye areas. If outside for extended period of time, reapply as needed.
This sunscreen contains 50ml of product and comes in a convenient squeeze tube. It it made in Korea. There is another variant for this that has an added wrinkle care. You can buy this at SkinFood, I got mine at Miri. The price is RM39.50, I'm not sure about the price in Brunei.

The back of the sunscreen.
Unfortunately the ingredients are in Korean.
*LOST HALF OF THIS FUCKING BLOGPOST BECAUSE SOMEBODY JUST HAD TO RESET THE NET WITHOUT CONSULTING ME. MIGRAINE RIGHT NOW*

Let's try this again.

I've been using this since last year, on and off, since I got it. Recently though, I've started incorporating it into my makeup routine (especially when I don't need much coverage) with some concealer and translucent or tinted powder.

When I bought this initially, it was mainly to prevent my acne scars from darkening. I wasn't very dedicated to that because it really felt weird. But nowadays, I learn to appreciate this sunscreen more because it is not sticky at all!

As with most sunscreen, it is white, with a slight bluish tint.
It has a typical sunscreen scent with a hint of tomato, and to me, it's not really something offensive. Once blended well, it just leaves a slight white cast (more noticeable on the face than on the hand) and it moisturises a little (so don't make the mistake like me and mixing it with a non-SPF BB cream x.x) so that's kinda good. It leaves your skin soft.

After blending it out.
It also doesn't break me out, which is a huge plus! I'm not really brave enough to try other sunscreens in the mean time, so if I run out of this, I might get the same one! Unless you guys have suggestions on some products.

The price isn't something that motivates me to buy it I guess, if it's not on sale or something. For a sunscreen, I guess it's a bit pricy. 

Overall though, it's a good product.

---

PROS:

-Locally available.
-Blends in easily and leaves a soft feeling.
-Smells pleasant.
-A little goes a long way and there's a lot of product.
-Convenient packaging.
-Does not clog pores.
-Does not break me out.

CONS:

-Can leave your skin very oily (but I guess that's normal?)
-Pricy.
-Not waterproof.
-Ingredients are in Korean.
-Might not mix with a foundation or a BB cream well.


Rating: 3.5/5 (I love it but it can be replaced, maybe)

Will I buy this again?

Maybe. I do like it enough to repurchase it, but I can easily try something cheaper.

Do I recommend this?

Yes, if you wanna try it out.

Where can you find this?

Locally at SkinFood stores.
You can also find it online I think.


---

Hopefully you found this helpful.

'til then, take care!

-Nisah-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)