Sunday, March 22, 2015

Slit-Mouthed Woman/Kuchisake-Onna using DIY Scarwax

A few weeks to a month ago, my cousin told me about the Japanese Culture Week that was just wrapped up today. He asked if I'd like to cosplay or be involved in the haunted house. When I heard the 'haunted house' being mentioned, I was like "HELL YES!"

I may be susceptible to getting bothered by ghosts and spirits but I do love horror stuff.
In fact, I immediately wanted to be Kuchisake-Onna.

That ghost/urban legend and me go WAYYY back.

Back in 2008 when I was in Japan, I remember my host sister telling me about her at a park.
We were out accompanying her little sister playing.

I was on the swing set or something, that part I don't remember BUT I remember her telling the story. It was cold (Spring just came) and windy, a bit gloomy...the weather was perfect for a horror story.

And then she told me, in Japanese -while I was not fluent yet- the story.
Somehow I guess, horror stories just translate themselves.

Because I understood every bit of it.

She told me it's the only thing (or ghost) that her mom is scared of.
That she'll always have hard candy with her just in case, to distract the ghost so she can run...

Plus, we had a Haunted Festival for our Bunkasai (School Festival) and I really wanted to be Kuchisake-Onna but wasn't allowed to.
But it's fine, back then I was fat as hell.

ANYWAY, after what my cousin said, when I went back home, I immediately went to play with makeup.

At first I was fretting, like "MAN I don't have any SFX stuff D:"

So I did the slit with just makeup.
It didn't work that well unless it's from afar.

From afar, my sis was like "WHOA"
Then I came closer and she's like "Eh"
So the next day, I looked up DIYs and found this!


I had vaseline and flour.
So I went to mix it.

This is a last minute batch I made for the JCW.
It was a bit drier than my first batch.
My first attempt at using this turned out like this:

It was a bit too big.
Although it does look like it's smiling.

Used eyeshadow, burgundy lipstick and black gel liner for making it more realistic.
Attempt number 2 turned out better I guess.

The lenses made it less scary lol
One side was more deep, and the other was more shallow and open.
I preferred the deeper side.

Yeah, this side.
I didn't have fake blood then.

Debating whether or not to make the lips patchy red or just pale.

Trying to look scary.
Here's the close-up of my favourite side.

Eww.
Unfortunately on the day itself, the new batch I made, kinda made it harder for me to kinda blend it.
And it was thick.

Disgusting to be honest.

With the fake blood.
Unfortunately I didn't take pics of today's last minute wound. It looked quite nice, I used the old batch, it was more emollient.

Well I hope I can show it from the embassy group photo lol.

When I bought the fake blood, I was disappointed because it was very light.

Just a test.
So I Googled.

And I found this:


Used cocoa powder!

So, I did and well, it worked. Ish.
And it smells like cocoa powder.

I don't think I can scare people though, somehow, maybe it was the darkness but every customer kept saying I looked pretty or fabulous.

I'm like "Whaaat"
It turned me off from scaring them LOL

Until I found that jump scares work the best.

And I even hurt my knee from doing this jump scare lol
It was basically slamming my body (yes, slamming) on the floor out of nowhere, kinda.
When I heard some screams from shock, I smiled :D

Some were unfazed but hey, timing was key.
And I couldn't see ;-;

My body ached from this action.

At least I didn't get punched or stepped on.
I was NEARLY stepped on.

I feel bad for some of the volunteers that got hurt :T people, be nice!
And don't be rude!


It was nice though, kinda.
They were strangers (at first), I wasn't really part of the community but it worked.
Met some very awesome people too.

I DON'T KNOW how they can scream time after time but they did, consistently too.
I only did that on the first day.



;-; really want to work with proper liquid latex and stuff though.
I need to buy a foundation palette as well. Just for my kit.

Practice does make perfect and I prefer to work with a big mirror LOL, just from this experience.

Makeup IS art, and it CAN be art.
Since I stopped drawing and painting, it feels about the same.

I like to take my time and I hate rushing.
When I did the makeup for PAC's Kuriose, I was rushed (and lacked some stuff) to do makeup and I HATED that. I guess that's how backstage is at runway shows and stuff.

I was only happy with the makeup I did on my cousin.
Maybe I'll share that on another post.

'til then, take care!

-Nisah-

2 comments:

  1. Eeek, it looks disgusting! I love it! It's been a long time since I've done any sfx, so I have to remind myself to do some more. You look super freaky <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for calling it disgusting xD coming from you, I feel like I accomplished something a bit lol. I really love it when you do gory things!

      And yes, do more!

      Delete

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)