Monday, March 17, 2014

Review: Holika Holika I Want Chu♥ Lip Balm

Hiya :D I'm back with another review!
This might be short and sweet (at least I hope so).

I'll be reviewing Holika Holika's 'I Want Chu Lip Balm' in '04 Cherry Coke Kiss'!

'I Want Chu Lip Balm'
in '04 Cherry Coke Kiss'
PRODUCT INFORMATION

This product contains 2 lip balms with two complementary flavours and taste, each containing 3.7g of product. There are 4 flavour combinations available overall (only 2 are available in Brunei: 02 Milky Soda Smoothie and this one). The product is made in Korea. The price of it in Brunei is BND23.90.

Taken from eBay
I got interested in the product because I saw this review on Youtube, on the Kisstixx, and I got so interested in it LOL. When I saw this, I was immediately curious! The price put me off a bit, but curiosity got the best of me. I got it with a 20% discount, I still don't think it's worth it though, you'll find out why.

Ohay instructions.
I had to debate with my friend which one to get. I wanted the 02 Milky Soda Smoothie but he thought it sounded disgusting, so I had to get the 04 Cherry Coke one. It smelled nicer, that's for sure. If they brought in ALL the flavours, I'd choose 01 Strawberry Smoothie Kiss though!

Cute packaging!!
I don't have a partner to kiss, so this is what I did:

Put one flavour on lower lip, and the other on the upper lip.

What I immediately noticed is that the Cherry one has a nice pink tint. The Cola one is clear, and I kinda get why. I don't think guys would love to have tinted lips! Still, the Cherry having a pink tint...won't it transfer to the guy's lips? LOL.

The Kisstixx video showed the couple just pecking.

Amount of product you get, well from a slanted view.
It's a lot taller.
When I kinda put my lips together, the taste didn't register at first but then it came. It was okay then it got bitter.

I tried them on their own: Cola is the bitter one.

Cherry is very nice and sweet.

My conclusion is that: I'm pretty sure the Kisstixx would be a lot better, and I kinda wasted my money on these. At least for half of it.

---

PROS

- Fun idea if you're a couple or married.
- The Cherry lip balm tastes so nice!
- Packaging is so cute!
- Good amount of product.

CONS

- Cola lip balm is bittersweet. More bitter actually.
- SO PRICY (at least in Brunei)
- I don't know what to do with the Cola lip balm.
- Not so moisturising for the price.


Rating: 3/5 (I can live without the Cola)

Will I buy this again?

Maybe, in another flavour. Online. Or I'd just order the Kisstixx, and get a husband. Paying BND8-9 for one lipbalm is too much!

Do I recommend this?

EHHH. not for the price locally. If you're curious, why not?

Where can you buy this?

You can find it on eBay and locally, but again, they only have two flavour combinations here.

---

Well, to be fair I only tried this on my lips.
Maybe that's not fair?

But seriously, I don't get why it must be bitter! I did try Dr Pepper the other day, and it doesn't taste bitter!

I think I'll use the Cola lip balm when I'm really, really desperate.


'til then, take care!


-Nisah-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)