Monday, January 27, 2014

Review: BRILLIANT Love Heart Lip Care 3 Step System

Hi guys :D
WishTrend kindly sent me these products to try out and review :)
It's my first time reviewing a product sent to me, but worry not, I'll be honest with it.

Moving on~

Here are a few questions:

Are your lips severely chapped?
Are they so dry, it bleeds?
Have you ever wondered about ways on how to exfoliate lips in a less painful way?

Maybe this system will interest you!

These are the [BRILLIANT] Love Heart Lip Care 3 Step System Set.
This set costs USD29 on the website.

Brilliant Love Heart Lip Care 3 Step System.

"Are you ready to kiss?"


This is a 3-Step System aimed to exfoliate your lips and make your lips kissable!

1 Step: Dead Cell Remover (10g)
- Low irritation, dead lip cell remover

2 Step: Lip Gel Patch (5 Each)
- 100% essence, moisturising

3 Step: Lip Tint & Essence (10g)
- High moisture, energising lip essence

---
This will be my take on the product.

For a disclaimer, I don't normally have chapped lips because I always use lip balm before I sleep.
During this rainy season though (especially back in December) my lips seem to have problems getting hydrated enough.

When this product arrived though, my lips weren't as severely chapped so...I had to sacrifice them for the sake of testing it out! It wasn't hard though, just on the second day of not using any balm, my lips bled and flaked. I did not exfoliate them at all. To be fair though, I lost my lip balm x.x

(I did not photoshop the lips at all. I photoshopped my skin though because I feel self-conscious LOL. Any blurriness is proof of my lack in photography skill)

My chapped lips (it bled the day before I tried)

Then, I tested it.

The product page actually shows you how to exfoliate your lips with this product if you're curious (complete with pictures)

I followed the instructions exactly but I'll add my take on it.

How to use :

[BRILLIANT] Love Heart Lip Care 3 Step System


1-Step (How to exfoliate lips): After washing face, apply an adequate amount of 1-step on lips and rub it for 1-2 minutes and wipe off with a wet tissue or a wet towel. 

1-Step: Lip Mask

This lip mask is a slightly gritty cream that you are supposed to massage onto your chapped lips. It's thick, but actually quite easy to spread, so you won't have a problem with it. A small amount (like shown in the picture) is enough for your upper and lower lips (unless you have severely chapped ones, this is enough).

How the cream looks like.

I used a wet cotton pad (I used this so I know the product works because I usually exfoliate with a wet towel) to gently wipe it away after 1-3 minutes . It removed most of the flakiness except for the more damaged parts. Definitely looks a lot smoother, however, it could also be the wet pad.

After spreading and rubbing it.

As I was testing it out, I noticed that my lips felt a bit tingly, but didn't make me feel uncomfortable.

After using the lip mask.

For more effectiveness, I would suggest to let it sit for 2-3 more minutes after you rub it, I'm pretty sure this would work a lot better. Unless it started to feel uncomfortable, then follow the suggested way. Since this is meant to gently exfoliate (not abrasive), you need to let the chemicals work.

You can achieve the same effect with a wet towel after you shower, but if your lips are severely chapped, this is a gentle way to exfoliate them.

2-Step: Take the gel patch out and take off the film. Put the gel patch over the lips and leave it for 15-20 minutes. After then, tap your lips so they absorb the extra essence.


2-Step: Lip Gel Patch

To be honest, wasn't looking forward to this because I have seen some other gel lip masks just falling off and not sticking. But this is love! It smells so wonderful (like cherries?) and adheres to skin so well, even when I was wearing foundation!!

With the lip gel patch.

It keeps my lips feeling cool and doesn't get in the way. I can't speak at all because it adheres so well, but it is definitely user friendly. I love the sensation. It is thin, not too thick, so it attaches well to the skin. For 15-20 minutes, I didn't even feel it on my lips while I was doing some work on my laptop.

After 20 minutes of the lip gel patch.

You can see that the it did kind of plump up my lips with moisture, it's not that noticeable in the picture but my lips felt very soft and moisturised. I really liked how it felt.

The gel patch is really not difficult to use, you'll be able to use it easily.

3-Step: Apply adequate amount on lips. 3-4 minutes later, colour of lips will be pink.

3-Step: Lip Essence
The last step is basically applying lip balm. The difference is that it also tints your lips to make it look healthier without being overtly pink. It is to smooth and moist the lips.

How the essence looks like.

I applied it like how I would normally with lip balms, just smoothing it over my lips.

It is a light pink essence that feels watery to the touch once it's on the lips. Feels a bit vaseline-y but definitely not the same A little goes a long way. It smells nice, just like the lip gel patch. Gives a nice tint and smoothes the lips. 

After applying essence.

Unfortunately you can feel that it's on your lips. Not the most moisturising lip product ever but it's to heal the lips.

The essence gives my lips a very natural tint, also smoothing them out.
Not really fond of the feel but it does moisturise.

---

The selling point of this 3 step system is how it would help people with very sensitive lips.
Because its purpose is to heal damaged lips in a gentle way, it is thought out quite well.

The scent added to the products aren't very strong either and it smells really good. 
Reminds me of another product's scent.

Like raspberries/strawberries/cherries.



I personally think this is a good product, especially for those with severely chapped lips. 

I do feel like the gel patch should be sold separately because the amount of product you get for the other two would last more than 5 gel patches!

Unfortunately, I found out that the patches on their own ARE kinda pricy.

Here's a breakdown of the product prices when not in a set:

1-Step (Dead Cell Remover): USD13.50
2-Step (Lip Gel Patch): USD15
3-Step (Lip Tint & Essence): USD13.50

It's USD15!!
I would rather buy another set I think.

You save USD13 by buying the set.

But you see, you can always use the lip gel patch sparingly, just when your lips are chapped enough that you're bleeding. I think 1-Step and 3-Step is enough for daily use (well, every three days maybe).

If you just want to try out one product, I'd recommend getting the Lip Gel Patch, definitely.
The Dead Cell Remover is also good, if you have extremely sensitive lips, try it out.

You can skip the Lip Tint & Essence I believe.


It's definitely a product worth trying out, especially if you've run out of ways to hydrate your lips.

The product is...

I rate it 4/5!

I'd love to try this product out on my friend who has chapped lips all the time and see if it works on him. If it does, I'll report back!

If you wanna know more about Wishtrend, you can visit these links:



Do you have problems with chapped lips?
Are you interested in trying the product out?

Tell me in the comments below :D

'til then, take care!

-Nisah-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on your thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags

acne (25) allergy (4) anti-acne (21) BB Cream (14) beauty (24) depression (12) diy (6) Dolly Wink (5) e.l.f (4) essence cosmetics (15) Etude House (33) food (24) Ginvera (5) giveaway (18) hauls (29) Holika Holika (9) impulse buys (18) Lioele (2) Lip Products (21) LUSH (6) makeup (38) mask (15) mini reviews (9) Miri Haul (12) MUA (17) Mustika Ratu (2) Nair (2) online shops (17) Paloma (9) personal (49) Price Range List (3) primer (6) Prize Mail (6) Project 10 Pan (3) Project FINISH IT (2) rants (15) rash (2) reviews (40) Revlon (11) sample (5) SaSa (13) SaSa Malaysia (12) sasa.com (12) sasatinnie (14) scars (7) scrub (10) shampoo (3) SilkyGirl (7) skincare (38) SkinFood (32) SkinLab's (2) snacks (4) soap (5) St. Ives (9) swatches (4) Technic (4) The Body Shop (22) The Sample Store (3) The Skin Shop (5) theBalm (21) TheFaceShop (18) thoughts (26) Tony Moly (16) trash (2) w7 (2)